Is this your lure ?

Broker

Went out fishing this morning and thought I would bring my spinning gear today and let me fly rod have a break.So I went to the river this morning, things were going a bit slow, with only 2 smaller bass and a catfish so far. When I first got there i saw a man waaaaay down the river, everytime I turned around to re bait my hook he was getting closer then the next thing ya know he's right behind me! I was kind of confused as to what as he was doing as he was only about 20 feet away from me know and still coming. When he got within 10 feet from me I turn around and he says "Sorry I'm not trying to scare the fish away I'm just trying to find my lures I lost the other day." .. " thats okay" I said and carried on with what I was doing and then I remembered 2 weeks ago I pulled up a small red devil from a rock, so I asked him what lure he's looking for, and he says.. " red devil" :o So I walk over to my box, and pull it out and say is this what your looking for and he goes " YES!" jeez I thought this guy was gunna cry haha. Then I asked him what he was fishing for with that and he told me walleye and that he's never caught one and has been trying all summer. So I gave him some pointers on what to use, showed him some holes, and gave him half my worms and away he went. Saw him land a few good bass both smallies and largies, and he was still there when I left, hope the guy caught his walleye!

Went out fishing this morning and thought I would bring my spinning gear today and let me fly rod have a break.So I went to the river this morning, things were going a bit slow, with only 2 smaller bass and a catfish so far. When I first got there i saw a man waaaaay down the river, everytime I turned around to re bait my hook he was getting closer then the next thing ya know he's right behind me! I was kind of confused as to what as he was doing as he was only about 20 feet away from me know and still coming. When he got within 10 feet from me I turn around and he says "Sorry I'm not trying to scare the fish away I'm just trying to find my lures I lost the other day." .. " thats okay" I said and carried on with what I was doing and then I remembered 2 weeks ago I pulled up a small red devil from a rock, so I asked him what lure he's looking for, and he says.. " red devil" :o So I walk over to my box, and pull it out and say is this what your looking for and he goes " YES!" jeez I thought this guy was gunna cry haha. Then I asked him what he was fishing for with that and he told me walleye and that he's never caught one and has been trying all summer. So I gave him some pointers on what to use, showed him some holes, and gave him half my worms and away he went. Saw him land a few good bass both smallies and largies, and he was still there when I left, hope the guy caught his walleye!

What are the odds of that happening. Got his lure back,learned a bit,I'd say he had a good day!!!!!!. Good on you for your honesty!.:good:

What are the odds of that? That is one persistant fellow, hunting down his red devil like that. I'd probably just count it as a sacrifice to the fishing gods and get another. Good on ya, Shasta.

Ya seemed odd to me too, lol he says he's got a few more that he's looking for too, everytime he comes he looks. I must say though.. 25% of my tackle box is made up of what i find snagge on rocks when I'm wading through haha.

Hey Shasta, good on ya! Any chance you found my cell phone yet? LOL! How the 'eyes been treating ya? I haven't had on in over a month now!

Haha can't say I've found one of those snagged on a rock LOL. I havnt got one for awhile now too, I've been fly fishing most the time and havn't had any of them hit the fly yet. My friend pulled a nice 20" out last week though.

What are the odds of that happening. Got his lure back,learned a bit,I'd say he had a good day!!!!!!. Good on you for your honesty!.:good:

Apparently pretty good, same thing happened to me earlier this summer. Sounds like a good day, even if he didn't get a walleye you did help him get more fish than he would of with a daredevil!

What are the odds of that? That is one persistant fellow, hunting down his red devil like that. I'd probably just count it as a sacrifice to the fishing gods and get another. Good on ya, Shasta.

I loose on average two a day at a favorite trib. Often get one or two back. Not the same usually,but hey,not bad.Oh,one day a salmon broke of a top water bait and saw it float down to a corner.Yelled to a couple of guys that's my lure and the guy that got it said it was his. Can you imagine the nerve,but not worth the extra effort if you know what I MEAN!. Mad, understatement. Got over it lol.

Sometimes at the end of the simmer i go diving and retrieve all the lures I've lost over the course of the year

Your not the fellow that lives in the east end of Barrie ,are you? :whistling:He use to sell a ton lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I loose on average two a day at a favorite trib. Often get one or two back. Not the same usually,but hey,not bad.Oh,one day a salmon broke of a top water bait and saw it float down to a corner.Yelled to a couple of guys that's my lure and the guy that got it said it was his. Can you imagine the nerve,but not worth the extra effort if you know what I MEAN!. Mad, understatement. Got over it lol.

haha yeah I used to lose most of my lures too! Now that I fly fish more, I've hardly lost any! LOL And yeah I know what you mean, One day I had my minnow trap set and and I walked over to the other side of the river quickly, next thing I know I got some man carrying my minnow bucket away saying its his, and he walked away. What some people will do for things that only cost a little over $10...wallbash.gif

Sometimes at the end of the simmer i go diving and retrieve all the lures I've lost over the course of the year

My uncle goes diving for people keys,sunglasses, or whatever else they drop into the water as a little income money for the cottage. All the lures and fishing gear he finds down there is amazing, he has them hung up all over his " Fishing Wall Of Fame" and he must have at least 3 tackleboxes full now..