Yamaha Fuel Water Separator

RangerGuy

If you have an 1800 Lund Alaskan and installed the Yamaha Fuel / Water Separator. Where did you install it?

You can see that the gas line is run through the bulk head. So I'm wondering if most people just install this filter on the transom. I really

don't want to do this. So I'm looking some suggestions on where I could install it so it's out of the way.

My reasons for not wanting to mount it there are:

1) I may install a kicker there

2) I may use this side for the dog to re-enter the boat after a retrieve in the fall.

I don't see an option to embed an image so here is a link.

GasLine.jpg

Why bother????

I know guys who have had Yami's for years with zero water issues. They have no separators instalelled.

Waste of time and money. No worries.

Why bother? I would guess because of the 10% ethanol that's now in our gasoline unless you're using premium..

It's a $8 filter you swap out once a year and a 20min install, why would you even take the chance?

Edited by BillM

Thanks Bill!

I think the newer motors are more fussy when it comes to the quality of the gas they will run reliably. The other major reason is

the motor manual suggests it, so if it ever comes to warranty issue I don't want to give them any reason to deny a claim ;)

Thanks everyone.. I will see how well it'll fit there, I just have to make sure the dog won't ruin the fuel line when

climbing onboard after a retrieve in the fall.

Edited by RangerGuy

The newer models are ethanol friendly when it comes to fuel line problems.

The 10 micron Filters cost $24 plus tax every 50 hours. You can buy a 32 oz Sta-bil Marine treatment for $20 good for 80 gallons or 16 tanks of gas.

I'd think you would spend more on filters through the season if you fished more than 50 hours. IMO

A suggestion would not void your warranty.

Yeh I can probably route the fuel line there then back into the area where the internal tank is and back to original path.

Looks like I need to buy some fuel line.

I just routed the original line down there and then bought a new piece to go from the filter back to the original fitting.

I was actually lucky in the fact there was already an oval hole with rubber edging to route through. :thumbsup_anim:

I have a question,,,,,,

The other major reason is

the motor manual suggests it, so if it ever comes to warranty issue I don't want to give them any reason to deny a claim

If the above is true,why would they not have it installed already? :dunno:

I don,t get it personally.

I have a question,,,,,,

If the above is true,why would they not have it installed already? :dunno:

I don,t get it personally.

My Skeeter/Yamaha came factory equipped with the seperator Brian.