Anyone a regular fireline user?

Cudz

I have used fireline before in both the black(smoke or whatever) and crystal. I find it to be very stong but does not cast like pp. I am a regular PP user but both the crystal and regular and tracer braid is on for $15 at CTC. I have a bunch of CTC money so I was wondering which is better? The smoke, the crystal or tracer braid. The tracer braid looks so bright I can't see myself using it. Chime in here especially if you are a regular fireline user.

Had my first break off yesterday with Fireline Black.

Totally my fault though. Very old line, which should have been changed.

I use both the Crystal and Black. 6 1/12 12 of the other.. They're both decent lines. I prefer the black personally, and usually only use the crystal in the winter.

The Tracer is a much better line than the old fused black or crystal.

Tracer is braided using 8 strands and is round and smooth. Like all braids the flashy paint soon wears off. I don't think bass mind the bright end, but if your worried, perhaps a leader might be in order.

Tracer worked great for me. Not sure why tracer feels softer compared to the fireline braid.

Fireline Braid on the other hand, has given me quite a bit of trouble... It sometimes decides to knot up into a huge ball that I can undo(Only on a spinning reel - feels almost like line twist), but not a fun experience when you're trying to catch fish.

Just my opinion...I used tracer about 2 years ago and was really happy with it, but am dealing with 30 and 50# fireline braid right now. Not so bad with baitcasters though.

Edited by EC1