Finally my turn on nice fish :)

lifeisfun

We had great 2011 fall with Mike (fordson) and we got spoiled by the numbers caught late last year.

This spring was tough for me, got new dog and I did not spent nearly enough time on the water as I would like.

tux.jpg

Managed to make some friends happy getting theres personal best this year but me.... ehhhh... I sucked.

Marks48incher037.jpg

Luck started to change 2 weeks ago when I lost nice fish at the boat side since my fishing buddy was traveling with

his family to visit mom and dad so he just left me hanging :lol: and couple days ago I was so frustrated that I did not set the hook enough :oops:

Well, this morning I took wifey for "boat ride" and after 20 minutes of boring trolling finally musky gods decided to make my day!

Started casting and not too long in to it this nice fish visited my net.

This fish was recently caught by another angler (CATCH AND RELEASE WORKS!) and had bunch of lamprey marks on its body.

By 9am was gettin very hot so we decided to go back home and that sure made the dog happy :mrgreen:

521407121.jpg

521407122.jpg

521407123.jpg

Edited by Lifeisfun

A really nice fish. Congrats to you and thanks for putting her back. Those lesions don't appear to be lamprey related.

I don't know, but since they were circular and many of them on her back already healed I thought lampreys. In the area where I fish it's very unusual to catch fish fithout lamprey attached this time of the year. Some of them are up to 10 inches long :unsure:

Beauty! Nice to see that muskie was still back in the game after having been caught previously. thumbsup_anim.gif

Yeah, the area around her mouth was healing fine, I just wonder howlong it takes for the rip in her mouth to seal. It was close to 2" long but not infected.