When it just happens!

Big Cliff

So, last weekend Shane and Michelle are sitting here on the deck with Sue and I pondering the problems of the world when I get a text from Rob and Simone. They were on the lake and wondered if they could stop by and say hi. Well everyone knows the answer to that :thumbsup_anim:

It was wonderful, Shane was able to give Rob some pointers (and a couple of his secret "you going to catch fish" with these baits) and we had a nice visit.

Rob and Simone headed out fishing and it wasn't long before Rob texted back a picture of a nice walleye and yes, he was using a Shane special!

I had mentioned to Rob that I wasn't happy with the way my HDS5 was working and he offered to take a look at it for me (techy young guys)!

Wed. evening I got text from Rob wanting to know if I'd like him to look at the HDS for me, just so happened he was back in the area. Naturally I agreed! Rob came over, we had a quick bite to eat (c/w a nice bottle of wine that Rob very thoughtfully brought) and headed out. It was obvious to Rob very quickly that something wasn't right with my HDS and he quickly discouvered that I didn't have the latest software.

We fished for a few hours anyway with Rob just pounding the fish, walleye, crappie, and some real beauties at that (yes they were caught on Shane's special). I was the perfect host and only caught a few little perch. When we came in, Rob got on line and downloaded the updates I needed.

Last night I installed the updates, man what a huge difference! Then I headed off to hook up with Rob and his mom, Pat. As I approched their boat I saw Rob release a nice size muskie (Pat had caught it) (sorry Rob LOL).

Anyway, we are going to head out tonight, Rob has very kindly allowed me to bully him into fine tuning my HDS for me and I look forward to another very enjoyable evening on the water.!

Rob and I are off for another wonderful evening of fishing very shortly and I am really looking forward to having my belovid HDS working better than it ever has!

Cliff I'm so glad that everything is working well on the boat now. You couldn't ask for better company when stopping in at Cliff's house and look forward to another visit soon. The special seems to be working quite well I am hooked! :Gonefishing:

Now, that might be a nice option! You'll just have to come up here fishing and we'll get some for you to take home and smoke!

BTW, your dad picked up your motor today, we went down to the lake and it started first pull, runs like a new one!!!!!! I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

LOL Skeeter, I've never been a good one for posting pictures. Anything worthy of a picture is usually too big to eat and gets released as quickly as possible. Besides I'd have to photoshop any pictures I took to insert the CN tower :sarcasm::whistling:

Now, that might be a nice option! You'll just have to come up here fishing and we'll get some for you to take home and smoke!

BTW, your dad picked up your motor today, we went down to the lake and it started first pull, runs like a new one!!!!!! I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

I'm game and maybe this weekend if my plans go as I hope too. As for the 9.9, been in NC USA for a bit for work so no clue. I'm sure she run's like a top bud! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm busy all day Saturday but as far as I know I don't have any comitments for Sunday YET (I'll have to check with Sue to confirm) give me a call when you get a chance and we can see if Sunday works. I know next weekend is out, I've been invited to fish Lake O with a good friend and I'm not going to miss out on that.

I'm busy all day Saturday but as far as I know I don't have any comitments for Sunday YET (I'll have to check with Sue to confirm) give me a call when you get a chance and we can see if Sunday works. I know next weekend is out, I've been invited to fish Lake O with a good friend and I'm not going to miss out on that.

check your PM Cliff re: Sunday. :thumbsup_anim:

top-bass tournament running sundays boys and girls, was going to be in it but change of plans I will be around for some fun fishing sunday

top-bass tournament running sundays boys and girls, was going to be in it but change of plans I will be around for some fun fishing sunday

I'm up for any fun fishing Sunday either on that lake or my folks lake. PM me bigcliff and ecmilley if you want to hook up