Bad things only happen in 3's I HOPE!

RangerGuy

What a week last week.

1) Wednesday we had a busted gas line infront of my office. Can't get my car till 5:30.

RESULT: A) I loose a training session with my pup at a crucial time.

B) Miss getting to West Marine for some supplies to finishing rigging the boat for the weekend.

2) On the way home from training Thursday night.. somebody cause a huge accident on the 400 & 89, means I'm

stuck on the 400 for 2.5 hours.

3) Friday on the way to the cottage..I blow my brakes in my truck with the new boat on the back ARGH!!.. Turns out I have 3000+ in repairs

to do with my truck and there really is no point since it's sooo old..and clearly ready to retire. We wanted

2 more years out of her :(

So now I have a new boat in the drive way and nothing to tow it with! I've had this truck for 6 yrs with no

issues that were making it unreliable..but it needs tires, leaf springs and I find that the front end is shot

as well as it needs a full replacement of brakes.

Hope this week turns out better HAHA!

1990!! I think you got your money worth.. Enjoy Truck shopping!

My F150 is a 97,owes me nothing. If it gets me til spring,I,ll be happy.New one will be coming then. I see Ford has brought back the Hunter Green color. :clapping:

No 3000+ for all needed repairs, innner/outer tie rod ends,ball joints, pitman arm, steel brake lines ,front & back parts.

This is before the normal stuff like like tires, u-joints and leafs (which I was planning to do shortly haha!)

Oh well..she's been a good truck and I'll miss her!

Ford??

2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew

So Far:

Ticking sensor somewhere in the motor that bugs the heck out of me (ford says its normal)

Replaced clutch packs near the driveshaft, differential link. Felt like i was driving over rumble strips when accelerating from a stop

And ill be taking it in again for the third time for a stalling issue. Along with this my gas gauge stops working. Twice ford couldnt fix it

Ive been in f-150s for 8 years now..........this one has me seriously questioning what ill be getting into next

Ford??

So Far:

Ticking sensor somewhere in the motor that bugs the heck out of me (ford says its normal)

Replaced clutch packs near the driveshaft, differential link. Felt like i was driving over rumble strips when accelerating from a stop

And ill be taking it in again for the third time for a stalling issue. Along with this my gas gauge stops working. Twice ford couldnt fix it

Ive been in f-150s for 8 years now..........this one has me seriously questioning what ill be getting into next

Made on a Monday (AFTER THE WEEKEND) or Friday (AFTER PAY DAY)?LOL

Made on a Monday (AFTER THE WEEKEND) or Friday (AFTER PAY DAY)?LOL

That only leaves 3 more days in the work week to make a truck that works

So ur saying i only get a 60% chance to get a truck that works. If thats the case ill go back to what i did in my younger days, and buy disposable $200 dollar chevettes and scrap em when its time for another one

So ur saying i only get a 60% chance to get a truck that works. If thats the case ill go back to what i did in my younger days, and buy disposable $200 dollar chevettes and scrap em when its time for another one

Try and find one now?There's one in the city,original owner,less than 100km,mint:D Not for sale,apparently people ask him quite often if he would sell it.Imagine:whistling:

Edited by davey buoy

LMAO I owned one.Never said never.Or is that never,never? LOL

Edited by Misfish

Try and find one now?There's one in the city,original owner,less than 100km,mint:D Not for sale,apparently people ask him quite often if he would sell it.Imagine:whistling:

Yep, there all but gone now.......I had a couple with standard trannies that i would beat the living snot out of and couldnt kill em. We even "braced" the body of a buddy of mines chevette and chopped the top off and made it a "convertible" lol. Actually i think that one was the pontiac version, the T1000 i believe they were called, or for you guys up in Canada......the Acadian. Those were the days

Just saw a chevette today in Ohio it was in good shape and passed me doing about 115 it was moving.

As for parts we get hosed here in Ontario on them I buy most parts in Ohio usually 1/2 price from here. Starter for f150 here $100+tax for rebuilt 1 year warranty there $25 +tax or $50 life time warranty.

Chev 1500 exhaust from cats back $600 here $150 there what gives? I just got my office worker breaks for her chev truck not sure of modle but it's huge for pulling her horse trailer around $2500 + tax here $1200 out the door down there.

Ford??

So Far:

When your ready head down the West Herr Toyota and get yourself a nice TUNDRA......this is 100% the truth.....mine is now 5 years and 1 month old....never had to go back to the dealer except for a tire sensor calibration after FIRESTONE broke it while putting on new tires......I have had Fords, Chevy's and GMC trucks.......NOTHING comes close to the quality of this Toyota Tundra.... :)

When your ready head down the West Herr Toyota and get yourself a nice TUNDRA......this is 100% the truth.....mine is now 5 years and 1 month old....never had to go back to the dealer except for a tire sensor calibration after FIRESTONE broke it while putting on new tires......I have had Fords, Chevy's and GMC trucks.......NOTHING comes close to the quality of this Toyota Tundra.... :)

^^^^^^ guess we knew that post was coming :sarcasm: