Finally, definitive proof

big guy

Finally, after countless sightings and reports, there is definite proof that cougars exist in Ontario

http://www.torontosun.com/2012...

The MNR will have to change their tune now

The MNR states "For the last five years, ministry researchers have been looking for evidence. With the public’s help, they have documented cougar tracks. They’ve found scat (feces) which has tested positive for cougar DNA. And they’ve seen evidence of cougars in the distinctive way other animals are killed."

MNR link

Edited by MJIG

Years ago a woman came to see friends in our trailer park and brought her pet cougar along for the weekend. They went out to visit somewhere and left the cat tied to a tree on the front lawn.

My daughter was dozing on the beach getting a suntan and woke up when the cougar started to lick her face after pulling free from his leash :w00t:

The cat took off after that and was found later wandering thru backyards half way down the lake.

The cat was banned from the park permanently after that. :lol:

Years ago a woman came to see friends in our trailer park and brought her pet cougar along for the weekend. They went out to visit somewhere and left the cat tied to a tree on the front lawn.

My daughter was dozing on the beach getting a suntan and woke up when the cougar started to lick her face after pulling free from his leash :w00t:

The cat took off after that and was found later wandering thru backyards half way down the lake.

The cat was banned from the park permanently after that. :lol:

Forget the cat, ban the nutjob with the wild animal as a pet.

Forget the cat, ban the nutjob with the wild animal as a pet.

I agree Rob and we all complained to the park owner about it and that was the reason the cat was no longer allowed back.

if a giraffe escaped from the toronto zoo and was hit by a GO train would we now have definitive proof of giraffes in Ontario?

i hope, and firmly believe there are cougars in ontario. as mentioned, the place is huge.

i used to keep a boat in Bala, one night a stretch limo pulls up to the dock and out steps a massive bengal tiger, stripes and all. climbed onto a water taxi it (the tiger) had been booked for some big shots birthday party on an island somewhere. was pretty interesting, never sat in a car with an 8ft cat before.

if a giraffe escaped from the toronto zoo and was hit by a GO train would we now have definitive proof of giraffes in Ontario?

i hope, and firmly believe there are cougars in ontario. as mentioned, the place is huge.

i used to keep a boat in Bala, one night a stretch limo pulls up to the dock and out steps a massive bengal tiger, stripes and all. climbed onto a water taxi it (the tiger) had been booked for some big shots birthday party on an island somewhere. was pretty interesting, never sat in a car with an 8ft cat before.

Now we know there's also tigers in ON :P

a number of years ago I saw one cross the highway 105 around the Camp Robinson turn off. When i mentioned it to a couple friends they said they could believe it but I might have seen a panther and not a cougar. REALLY, they told me that a few years before i saw this animal a train had derailed south of that area and it contained circus animals, some escaped and were never re captured.

then 2 years ago i was going into work for a midnight shift and one ran across the road in front of my truck and it was really motoring/.

I initially thought it was a bob cat or a wolf, but it was just too large and i haven't seen a wolf with a 4 foot tail. when i told my co-workers this one girl told me her husband was out by our place checking on some forest fire damage and there was a cougar tracking him just inside the tree line and he was quite scared. the mnr up here have had several reports of cougars, mine included, and they readily admit they are around.

I guess that's good news, but why'd they shoot it? Couldn't they bring in tranquilizers?

Exactly what I was thinking. The article says "long believed to be extinct...." and they shoot the first one they see in over a century.

It was reported on Peterboro news this morning that someone spotted a cougar near the Otonabee River over the weekend.

That's the only details that were offered :dunno:

I'd say that this was seeded by someone who doesn't want anyone fishing the Otonabee for the next few weeks while he's there. :)

I'd say that this was seeded by someone who doesn't want anyone fishing the Otonabee for the next few weeks while he's there. :)

Are you saying there's unethical fishermen amongst us Roy ?? :lol: