The Bass Blaster

mercman

In the imortal works of Conan the Barbarian " do you want to live forever"

You guys are way to serious about this. Chill out guys.

Just remember, even JP Derose had a rogue wave hit him and cause a crash...

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45318

There is no need to bring that post back to life, it's just to make a point. Read the JPD post on page 2.

Geoff

In the imortal works of Conan the Barbarian " do you want to live forever"

You guys are way to serious about this. Chill out guys.

I'm not being too serious, just pointing out something that you may not have seen or heard of. Hell, I don't think your brother was on this site back then when it happend. Just pointing out that anything can happen at any given time. My boat hit's 61MPH and I go WOT all the time. Just saying heads up cause you don't always hear or see a problen right in front of you some times.

I'm not being too serious, just pointing out something that you may not have seen or heard of. Hell, I don't think your brother was on this site back then when it happend. Just pointing out that anything can happen at any given time. My boat hit's 61MPH and I go WOT all the time. Just saying heads up cause you don't always hear or see a problen right in front of you some times.

We get the point Geoff.In reallity, there is no one i feel safer with on the water than my Brother.We were taught properly by a man both mechanically and safety minded. And BTW, i am the quiet one in the famillywhistling.gif , so rather than get this thread locked, lets get back to the original reason i posted it.

To share what i feel, is a real adrenakine rush, and great day on the water with 2 fishing brothers.

Edited by mercman

Got to remember its a smaller Ranger which is why they cal them lead sleds. The boats is only really rated to do about 62 to 65 so it's close. Yes trimmed all the way down. Friend of mine has a 521 that does 80 that's fast. Oh an nope don't jump to many boat wakes but I don't shy away from them if they creep up.

Ok well if I was you I wouldnt be prop shopping yet,that tempest if its clean should be about as good as it gets for you performance wise,pull the plugs it should cut your holeshot time to less than half what it is now. You wont gain 5 mph with another prop unless you can majically turn more rpm cause a bigger pitched wheel will turn less an not be faster. As for your buddy running 80 in a 521 he must of left his gps on driving the 401 cause thats the only way it could happen :) and before you try and convince me it does, I have a very good idea what different boats/engines will run and my last bassboat ran low 90's so I know what it takes to break 80 and what a 521 will do and its not 80 :).

Edited by hirk

Well good for you...I know him and not you so,I trust him.......

Ok well if I was you I wouldnt be prop shopping yet,that tempest if its clean should be about as good as it gets for you performance wise,pull the plugs it should cut your holeshot time to less than half what it is now. You wont gain 5 mph with another prop unless you can majically turn more rpm cause a bigger pitched wheel will turn less an not be faster. As for your buddy running 80 in a 521 he must of left his gps on driving the 401 cause thats the only way it could happen :) and before you try and convince me it does, I have a very good idea what different boats/engines will run and my last bassboat ran low 90's so I know what it takes to break 80 and what a 521 will do and its not 80 :).

ouch... :rolleyes:

Looks like my efforts to be civil are falling on deaf ears...

First of all i dont know what the fuk you are talking about.

but you dont have to turn anything around. I have advised Roy to lock it if it goes south.I dont need anyone to turn anything around.

Well good for you...I know him and not you so,I trust him.......

you would be well advised to listen to Hirk, he happens to be very knowledgeable in these matters. He has earned my respect!

Well people its been a blast :sarcasm: have fun with the post I will not be commenting anymore as they say about a dead horse no sense beating one.

And just for the record I listen to those I really know not those who I have never met. It not a sign of disrespect but one of choosing who you trust

Oh and since it's my boat in the vid I suggest you remove this post ASAP

Ta ta all

you would be well advised to listen to Hirk, he happens to be very knowledgeable in these matters. He has earned my respect!

Hey bro no worries here just goes to show you people always resort to,stupid if you give them time. Not once did I bash or disrespect anyone here I just said simple truths from my perspective. I guess people need to resort to,name calling and other childish stunts to make themselves fel,like they won something. I have no hard feelings about any of it because i really could care less. I just say that those who I have Been chatting with on the side seem like really great people and those i can learn from. As you can plainly see I have few posts here because I have heard from several people that the overall atmosphere is really posion when someone disagrees, well,say it first hand myself tonight you should be totally ashamed of yourselves for some of the stuff that has been said.

:(

This is what i was just talking to you about Geoff

Wow, I'm kinda shocked...

No one is breaking the law here. Most of us watch (and cheer) bass boats in our favorite tournys, and watch sea doos fly by us on a daily basis regardless of what were running, and....

Lets be a little more respectful people(members). It's fine to add your two cents in a respectful manner, when it's on a topic that warrants discussion. The speed of bass boats may warrant discussion, but not in this post IMO.

I see two brothers having fun RESPONSIBLY. Not breaking any laws, just enjoying a day on the water together. And doing so in a completely acceptable matter (as per the laws).

I enjoyed the vid, glad you guys had alot of fun as well thumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif

Sorry Merc, just seen you asked to have it locked

Edited by manitoubass2