Long Point boat launch?

Any recomendations on whats the best place to launch to fish Long Point? I don't need cememt and a dock either, I'd rather use a less than perfect ramp and avoid the crowds...Waited at Crystal Beach to load for near 30 minutes in a line-up of 10-15 boats Monday...

i use booths harbour mostly, never busy, easy run to ec10 or pottohawk. fin and feather is right next door havent used theirs dont know if its available to public

if you drive around to longpoint itself there are 3 launches at marinas there..a little cheaper but it is quite a bit further to drive and id rather be in the boat than the truck.

I usually launch in Port Rowan. Alot less traffic and you are in the inner bay. I found the launch at the provincial park to be a bit busy as well as some along the way.

I have a seasons pass at the PP only time I ever wait is when a inexperienced boater decides to load their boat on the ramp or someone decides to drive their brand new RAM down the ramp to boost their dead battery (saw that this weekend ) its usually pretty slow I find not much traffic

Old cut is best imo
I was camping at long point for bass opener and was looking to rent a motor boat. I called them to ask about their prices, some old woman answered and when I asked she said "Who is this?!" Who say that? You never had a customer call? She was just weird as hell! but later said Sat is booked but Sun should be good. So I and went in on Sunday asking if they have any boats for rent and she was there (recognized the voice) first I was just plain ignored, than some guy with out even looking at me says "I don't know", than the crazy lady yells at him "I'm not renting any boats!" I'm looking at them in disbelief about the total lack of customer service and just left. Just Wow! I would avoid that place at all cost!

Next time I will go to Sandboy Marina.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I was camping at long point for bass opener and was looking to rent a motor boat. I called them to ask about their prices, some old woman answered and when I asked she said "Who is is?!" Who say that? You never had a customer call? She was just weird as hell! but later said Sat is booked but Sun should be good. So I and went in on Sunday asking if they have any boats for rent and she was there (recognized the voice) first I was just plain ignored, than she Some guy with out even looking at me says "I don't know" than the crazy lady yells at him I'm not renting any boats!" I'm looking at them in disbelief about the total lack of customer service and just left. Just Wow! I would avoid that place at all cost!

Next time I will go to I'd Sandboy Marina.

Sorry to hear, Ray and Sue have been nothing short of fantastic to me my whole life.

I was camping at long point for bass opener and was looking to rent a motor boat. I called them to ask about their prices, some old woman answered and when I asked she said "Who is this?!" Who say that? You never had a customer call? She was just weird as hell! but later said Sat is booked but Sun should be good. So I and went in on Sunday asking if they have any boats for rent and she was there (recognized the voice) first I was just plain ignored, than some guy with out even looking at me says "I don't know", than the crazy lady yells at him "I'm not renting any boats!" I'm looking at them in disbelief about the total lack of customer service and just left. Just Wow! I would avoid that place at all cost!

Next time I will go to Sandboy Marina.

odd. i think you'd be hard pressed to find another person with the same opinion as yours. i've always been met with smiles and don't have a single complaint after buying minnows, snacks, and launching there 15-20 times.

i could be wrong, but me thinks you're somehow associated with sandboy after reading your post :spam::spam: :spam:

Lol, just shearing my experience. I had a friend with me that can prove it... Never spent a dime at Sandboy actually and don't know anyone there either, but will be renting a boat from them in a couple of weeks.

Edit: old cut had better prices and is located at a better spot, which why I went there first. But if someone doesn't want my money I simply won't go there.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

Lol, just shearing my experience. I had a friend with me that can prove it... Never spent a dime at Sandboy actually and don't know anyone there either, but will be renting a boat from them in a couple of weeks.

Edit: old cut had better prices and is located at a better spot, which why I went there first. But if someone doesn't want my money I simply won't go there.

well, i did say "i could be wrong" and apparently i was. i guess there is a first for everything :D :D :whistling:

i'm not looking for each marinas prices, but what kinda prices have you been finding for renting boats?

Tp, booths, akers, sandboy, marina shores, old cut, the provincial park.. All decent ramps. Port rowan slightly trickier, but also generally a good ramp. I launch based on the area i plan to fish. Bring 20 bucks as that is the going rate for most ramps on the bay nowadays.

there is place just before the old cut livery called Post Marine I launch there most of the time ramp is smooth 10.00 to launch

it also has a deep spot to power on to the trailer if you load that way.

Randy has always been great with me I run some old equipment and he has always helped me out if need be.