Bass Flyfishing video

Jds63

I was doing that Sunday evening. Fish and scenery weren't nearly as impressive as what was shown in the video but I had a blast.

It was my first time fly fishing for bass. First time targeting anything other than trout with the fly rod actually. Went about 12/15 in an hour.

Time to get some poppers!

I was doing that Sunday evening. Fish and scenery weren't nearly as impressive as what was shown in the video but I had a blast.

It was my first time fly fishing for bass. First time targeting anything other than trout with the fly rod actually. Went about 12/15 in an hour.

Time to get some poppers!

I havn't used my flyrod in several years and am getting back into it this summer. We are renting a cottage up in Haliburton in a few weeks and was planning on practising my rusty casts from the dock early morning and late evening. What were you using for the bass ? most of my stuff is for smaller trout... I have a few streamers but no poppers, I have seen foam style poppers on the market.

I havn't used my flyrod in several years and am getting back into it this summer. We are renting a cottage up in Haliburton in a few weeks and was planning on practising my rusty casts from the dock early morning and late evening. What were you using for the bass ? most of my stuff is for smaller trout... I have a few streamers but no poppers, I have seen foam style poppers on the market.

Clouser minnows in chartreuse and white or black and white will get you into some bass, poppers are a lot of fun when thy're in the mood for them.

poppers are a lot of fun when thy're in the mood for them.

They will be my choice this weekend. Might even try some large dry flies.

Still waiting for my buddy,to get his tying kit out,so I can start my streamer making.

My favourite large dry fly for smallies is actually a streamer, take a muddler minnow and fish it dry on the surface, they will float well cause of the deer hair and is a reasonable imitator of probably a hopper, large caddis or a miller type moth that has fallen on the surface. Bass aren't fussy :whistling: if it looks like food :rolleyes:

Still waiting for my buddy,to get his tying kit out,so I can start my streamer making.

If you are going to fish topwater this weekend, do it bright and early or as the sun goes down in the evening.. I'll be out on Gloucestor/Little on Monday messing around.

If you are going to fish topwater this weekend, do it bright and early or as the sun goes down in the evening.. I'll be out on Gloucestor/Little on Monday messing around.

The lake I,ll be fishing Bill,they hit all day. :thumbsup_anim: