Birthday Musky

cowanjo

The passion continues and was lucky to get out to a Kawartha lake with Taro on Monday an awesome guide and great mentor. Anyone who even thought about fishing Monday should think about the wind, it was a tough day.

We headed out at about two and fished until about seven thirty after an excellent lunch

I fished with my friend Dave and he set us off with a nice small guy in about ten feet of water wind side of weed hump

2012_06250221.jpg

We kept fishing an as usual instead of musky these pesky big walleye keep eating my lures

2012_06250223.jpg

After another hour I finally hooked and caught a monster the picture doesnt do it justice measure 47 and was really fat take a look at it walleye eating gut - i should have taken photo and made it look like a monster! I would say the heaviest fish I have caught. Came out a smashed my bait on wind side of some rocks. Maybe they are setting up for summer

2012_06250226.jpg

We then went and fished for bass on senkos never had an opportunity to do this before and had a really good time. Might even think about doing this a little! was awesome fun