Annual Pilgrimage

mercman

The much anticipated day arrived like it always does.The result of very little planning and much reminiscing.Two brothers, from different walks of life, with different styles of living,meeting at the crossroads where thier love of the sport of fishing, brings them as close as they have ever been, and ever will be.

I left the city of perpetual construction at 2PM on Friday.Those who know Montreal, know that in the summer, she trys to keep her citizens to herself.Useing a maze of detours and endless road projects, as a barless jail cell,allowing a glimpse of freedom down one of her many exiting highways and biways,only to tear it from your gaze by another U turn detour.

An hour later, i am on the 20/401,heading for freedom.

I arrived at my brothers secluded and peaceful home at 4.30PM, and we got into the sibling trash talk that all boys get into, about who caught the biggest fish the last time we got out, and who was the better angler.We agreeded that Dad had taught us both well.Imparting his own love of the sport and of the outdoors in both of us.

On a side note, my brother gave me a brand new rod.Not just any old rod, but a Kistler LithiumII LTX.

This is my very first high end rod, and i will most definately use it as it was made do, I just wont think about how much it costmellow.gif

I always bring a camera with me, and i always am never ready to snap a picwallbash.gif But i did manage to get a couple.

100_0068.jpg

100_0072.jpg

100_0070.jpg

We hammered them for the 5 or 6 hours we spent on the Lake, and we kept a few good eaters and just fished and enjoyed the day. I will be doing it again next friday, and i am already excited about it.Everything except the getting up at 2.30 AM so we can be on the water for sun up.whistling.gif Actually Bro,(he's a member here) it was alot easier than i thought.Just remember,the Restaurant opens at 5.AM not 4rolleyes.gif

C'ya then.

Tite Lines

Paul

Paul it was a blast having you and Barb up for opening day. Bass fishing and trash talk always go hand in hand so I will give you the one about the restaurant not opening until 5. But in the imortal,works of WKRP, as god is my witness I thought turkeys could fly, in this case it was open all night long :dunno: . Just remember however I still caught the first fish and limited out first. So there :tease:

Make sure you bring a spare set of underwear next week that Ranger of mine hits the 65 real easy and I always drive it like I stole it :thumbsup_anim:

see yeah soon dad would be proud

Edited by UglyBug

Well I've had you both in my boat at the same time (scary...lol)... And im gunna give you guys a tie... Even tho Paul is still rough around the edges... At least he fishes walleye and musky...lmao...

whistling.gif I can still learn from you young'ens...cool.gif

You'll have a little extra something in yer pay envelope this week Mikew00t.gif

Yeah was scary for me to Mike :sarcasm: ...One Bro choose musky and walleye the other choose bass. not sure which one is better but i do know that the trash talk flows across both LOL. Paul mentioned he was going to set up another outing with yea, should be fun going walleye fishing for bass :thumbsup_anim:

B

Well I've had you both in my boat at the same time (scary...lol)... And im gunna give you guys a tie... Even tho Paul is still rough around the edges... At least he fishes walleye and musky...lmao...

Yeah was scary for me to Mike sarcasm.gif ...One Bro choose musky and walleye the other choose bass. not sure which one is better but i do know that the trash talk flows across both LOL. Paul mentioned he was going to set up another outing with yea, should be fun going walleye fishing for bass thumbsup_anim.gif

B

I have to admit that i know bass more than walleye or musky, but no one is perfect Bro dunno.gifdevil.gif