Great kids fishing day

misfish

The skys were cloudy,and rain was in the forcast,but the kids didnt care. What a great turn out.The shore line was packed from the tip of the marina breakwall,all the way to the Heritage park shore line.

007-6.jpg

005-14.jpg

006-7.jpg

Lilly had a blast.She was happy to watch her daddy fish and catch.She was even wearing her lucky fishing hat.

004-10.jpg

002-15.jpg

I havent fished the shore line in a longtime,and was very shocked to se the amount of gobies that were being caught.And the size of them.

011-3.jpg

009-9.jpg

Some parents knew that they had to be destroyed,others questioned why. After explaining to them the reason,they were just dropping them in the cracks of the boulders.I told them the local minks will be happy to dispose of them. :good:

Was hoping to meet up with Blair and his family,but they were behind.They will be stopping by later today.

Edited by Misfish

You have a very cute granddaughter. I love to see people fishing with children. I read somewhere that a series of libraries exist where kids can sign out a rod and reel to start their fishing adventures, which I think is an absolutely great idea.

We made it down to the waterfront just before noon. Had our gear but didn't fish. Boys saw the inflatables and b-lined for them. Met a buddy from university and had a short visit. My family had a great time and we loved the waterfront. We met up with Brian, his better half, and Gizmo for a few minutes then went to drop my oldest off at my wife's cousin's place as he will stay in Barrie for the next week as he attends the Mariposa training centre for figure skating. Nice to meet you Brian I hope you can use the floats. Thanks to Betty Ann for the cookies.

Edited by Nipfisher