West End Lake O. Morning - June 10

icefisherman

Started at first light finished at Noon... first fish a small shaker King....kept moving out...found the perfect down temp (47-48 degrees down 55 feet) and the show began....5 triple headers...3 double headers...final score was 17/32...most Cohos but much larger ones vs. last few trips...some big Kings screamers(in the high teens and twenties) and 4-5 big bows in the mix as well...almost no wind...perfect weather...catch ratio wasn't perfect but we were having a bit of training session on board for some of the teammates today :P Nevertheless everyone were happy and smiles year to year...several total chaos situations as you can imagine with so many triples...everything was firing...8 colors leadcore...2 riggers (50-60 down), and 3 dipsies (2 power pro and one wire with flies)....green, blue, yellow spoons... watermelon...all were performing great....

the only bad part was some equipment damage....lost two A-Tom-Mik flies (both got the fly line broken even though I was checking it regularly)....and lost my Chrome 15# Shark.... :'( :-\ :-[

So a pricey trip but well worth it action wise....we stayed in 250-270 fow.

WP_000223.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Awesome trip other then losing that ball, ouch!

Having numbers of cohos back is great, anyone who has spent a day of double and triple headers of coho will reasses there love of chinooks!

Cohos have a definate spot in the lake ontario stocking... simply too much fun!

Coho.. :whistling: , that fish he's holding in the second picture has spots on the lower half of its tail, therefore it's a __________.

I must have missed the remark stating that the picture was of a Coho. whistling.gif

Good day on the water Emil, I feel your pain though on the loss of the chrome shark, costly for sure.

I must have missed the remark stating that the picture was of a Coho. whistling.gif

Good day on the water Emil, I feel your pain though on the loss of the chrome shark, costly for sure.

Ah point taken, made a bad assumption that the picture would have been related to the comment.