Spooling up Power Pro 30 on the new Cuarado

RickOnt

If the spool is drilled, or whiffled, just tie the line through one of the holes, and u won't have any problems with the line slipping on the spool.

Having said that, keeping good tension on the spool of line when u spool up with also prevent line from slipping. Most ppl that run into the problem of line slipping on the spool, are not spooling the reel properly.

I like to fill almost half the spool with mono then tie the braid on, that way i can spool 2 reels with one 150yard spool.

Do they call that cheap or thrifty?:whistling:I buy it on sale and put the 150yards on each reel.Usually get about two seasons on each reel.Not bad.

Edited by davey buoy

Another option, should u use all braid and no backing... U typically don't get down past half way on the spool, when its time to respool, u can just tie that line onto a different reel, and reel it on. Then the old line is backing, and u have new line to fish with, get the use outta the whole spool of line.

I tried that on a curado and the edges of the drilled holes were so sharp it cut 10lb power pro. At first I thought the line had a weak spot, but I tried it a second time with the same result. I used a couple wraps of mono.

10lb braid is way to light of line to be throwing on a baitcaster. Typically 20lb and up on baitcasters, but I generally don't go lighter then 30lb braid on a baitcaster.

Do they call that cheap or thrifty?

How about smart? With the price of braid, there's no point in filling the hole spool, especially when targetting fish where long runs are a non-issue. I always fill the quarter of my spool with whatever 8-10 lb mono i have lying around.

How about smart? With the price of braid, there's no point in filling the hole spool, especially when targetting fish where long runs are a non-issue. I always fill the quarter of my spool with whatever 8-10 lb mono i have lying around.

I do this as well. I find 150 yds of PP does not fill the entire spool, therefore i use mono as backing. Also, I have never had a fish (exception: salmon, trout) rip out 75 yrds of line.

When the braid becomes faded and frayed, I put it on another reel and use the other end........brand new line.

I never even thought about changing the line. I buy a spool for $14 bucks and use it two seasons,what a steal.Now I can reverse the line back on another for another two years.Joeytier that's what I call thrifty!!!!!!!.Smart as well,thanks for the tips.:thumbsup_anim:

I do this as well. I find 150 yds of PP does not fill the entire spool, therefore i use mono as backing. Also, I have never had a fish (exception: salmon, trout) rip out 75 yrds of line.

When the braid becomes faded and frayed, I put it on another reel and use the other end........brand new line.

My bait casters,I get to the point where I'm not sure it is going to fit but it just does.What reel do you have?.I have or using 30lb on all reels except the round bait caster that I put 50lb on.

Edited by davey buoy

I use mono backer, and since I fish for bass and have NEVER been spooled on bass, I only put enough line on so that the line sits just past level with the center of the reel line guide. This helps reduce friction when casting as well less line means less weight means a faster spool means longer casts.

Edited by jedimaster

I use mono backer, and since I fish for bass and have NEVER been spooled on bass, I only put enough line on so that the line sits just past level with the center of the reel line guide. This helps reduce friction when casting as well less line means less weight means a faster spool means longer casts.

H!mmmmm,you haven't fished where I have. You never know what you might get.Like your idea.