Wow Good Experience at Bass Pro

jedimaster

Well I feel like I owe it to post a good experience I had at bass pro. Over the years I have loved and hated bass pro. I feel, not unlike many others, that I was or have been wronged at certain points when trying to get warranty workm returns, custommer service or attention.

Out of chance I had a Bass Pro brand rod in the car while I was at Vaughan Mills. I bought it last year for my fiance as a cheapo bass rod. It was a Viper combo. 40 bucks or something like that. An IM6 rod according to the stamp, but honestly it feels more like a wet noodle. Anyway the grip that I thought was full cork was just a thin cork wrap. It half peeled off over a year of fishing, so I thought I would take it in and see if they would exchange it. Well to my astonishment without my receipt they actually took it back and gave me a full store credit. No argueing or explaining.

The guy even asked if I would rather exchange it or have a store credit to buy something else. I thanked him took the creidt and bought a St.Croix Premier that was on sale for 20 percent off. Anyway Bass Pro, if you are listening I hope you are actually changing your ways and this was not just a random allignment of the stars. Mind you the 2 guys in front me were cursing away, so I think I got lucky.

Until we meet again Bass Pro... Just know this, your service on that day pulled an extra 60 bucks out of my pocket that would have otherwise gone somewhere else.

When they have to deal with the customers like the ones in front of you all day, can you blame them for being edgy? That goes for all retail outlets. It all begins with the way you handle yourself as a customer. It's not a cashiers fault that your rod broke, or your dvd doesnt play, or your ice hut broke etc etc. Be kind, and expect kindness returned.

Good for you, and I'm happy they took care of you!

When they have to deal with the customers like the ones in front of you all day, can you blame them for being edgy? That goes for all retail outlets. It all begins with the way you handle yourself as a customer. It's not a cashiers fault that your rod broke, or your dvd doesnt play, or your ice hut broke etc etc. Be kind, and expect kindness returned.

x1000

Most people I have seen get turned away at bass Pro and pissed off start off very happy and friendly. Like the guy in front of me that bought a GPS 5 minutes earlier, took it outside and the screen was cracked and the guy at the counter accused him of trying to get a free one.

My last experience at Bass Pro....2 years ago...not as good as yours. Bought an 8 inch manual Lazer ice auger. Cut 3 holes with it and found it more work then I wanted to do. So I want to return it..but lost the receipt. :wallbash: . Anyway I had all the packaging with bass pro vaugh stamped all over the outside of the box. So I figured it was worth a shot. Spoke to 3 different people and I was polite curtious and respectful to all of them. It was like talking to 3 different cardboard cutouts that all had the same tape recorded message. I know I had no receipt but I had all the packaging and the auger was still mint...you could not tell I had even used it.

I'm glad you had a good experience Jedi..myself...it will be a long long time before they ever get a cent of my money.

In the spring after selling my auger to another fisherman on here...I found the receipt behind my bedroom dresser :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by crappieperchhunter

@CPH, they should have offered a store credit at least since it was a branded product you were returning. Haven't had any bad experiences at BP myself other than staff who weren't up on product knowledge and fishing counter staff who couldn't be bothered to help a customer. Guys in the fly fishing dept are great though !

I haven't had any issues either,other than a fishing staff member knowing way more than any one needs to about reels,lol.And others not knowing much. Your right that the fly fishing department is very helpful. They helped me with any questions I needed and than some. Bought my fly lines from them.

:good:

not sure if he's still around these days, but when they first opened shop the fishing manager was pretty good to deal with, I think his name was Pavo...I snapped an ice fishing rod and was first rejected at the counter without a receipt, walked back to the manager and explained it snapped my first day using it, he told me to pick out a new one and he walked me up to the counter

I have issues with their pricing and lack of inventory during peak season more than I do the customer service, but I wouldn't say customer service is why i shop there to start with