This trip is not starting out well

10point

Suppossed to be leaving late Friday or early Saturday morning to come up to Ontario for a week of fishing with my Son and a friend and his son. My friend just sent me a note saying we needed to talk about the departure date. He says his wedding anniversary is on the 9th and his wife works Thursday night so they can't do anything until Friday night. Like he didn't know this before now! I replied back that I hate to lose a day on a trip we have been planning for 5 months and asked if he could do something before Thursday.

If you're considering a crack of dawn departure on Sat anyways., she can drop him off at your place Friday night after they celebrate then either haul ass asap or wait till first light. Not sure how you're losing a day if Sat was an option but hopefully it'll work out and you'll be on the blacktop as planned !

If you're considering a crack of dawn departure on Sat anyways., she can drop him off at your place Friday night after they celebrate then either haul ass asap or wait till first light. Not sure how you're losing a day if Sat was an option but hopefully it'll work out and you'll be on the blacktop as planned !

I consider it loosing a day becuase we were talking about leaving Friday night or 2 or 3 in the morning on Sat but now he is talking about leaving Sat evening.

Yeah, that bites. Still could work out but anniversaries area funny thing. Personally, #9 was not a big deal for my wife and I, 10 was more important. If they don't stay out too late, boogying at 2 or 3 is still possible, unless he has to pack. Maybe it's time for him to lay down a guilt trip... :whistling:

A guy has to take a stand on Anglin

27 years ago---my best friend was gettin married and wanted me to be his best man

His wife to be (not anymore) wanted the last Saturday in April----TROUT OPENER

My point was short---if ya want me for best man-----pick another date---they did

Winter is too long to give up an opener to put on a monkey suit and sweat in a hall

Suppossed to be leaving late Friday or early Saturday morning to come up to Ontario for a week of fishing with my Son and a friend and his son. My friend just sent me a note saying we needed to talk about the departure date. He says his wedding anniversary is on the 9th and his wife works Thursday night so they can't do anything until Friday night. Like he didn't know this before now! I replied back that I hate to lose a day on a trip we have been planning for 5 months and asked if he could do something before Thursday.

Been there...done that.

I used to take trips with 4-5 other guys every year. Something like you are experiencing, as well as deciding to leave go home earlier than planned, finally caused me to either go alone, or take my son.

I would tell him...."this is when I'm leaving... if you are there, fine, if not, that's fine too.

Fishing trips to Canada are sacred to me.....apparently not to him.