Fishing in Thunder Bay

tbayboy

Some of you may have heard of the flooding happening in Thunder Bay that caused them to declare a state of emergency. Pretty ugly stuff, still trying to get hold of my family up there to see if they're places are ok but this made me laugh, only in Thunder Bay:

dlxbp.jpg

EDIT: Turns out it's not a real pic from T Bay but then again some of those brookies could muscle their way across just fine :)

Here's a good link for the more dramatic photos: http://www.tbnewswatch.com/news/211833/Your-view-Flood

Hope everyone up there is making out ok.

Edited by TbayBoy

We are currently under a state of emergency up here mainly because our sewage treatment facility is flooded and partially under water. The pumps have been damaged and stopped working. Apparently we got over 100 mm of rain last night, and we were already on a flood alert before that. Many basements in the city have up to 5 feet of water in them. Mines fine.

I think that the fish on the road photo is a hoax. All the vegetation is in full bloom up here and in that photo it appears that nothing is in bloom.

Here's some photos that did come my way today from around the city.

photo.png

photo1.png

photo4.png

photo3.png

photo2.png

photo6.png

Wow I had no idea. Hope everyone recovers from this soon. The destructive power of water never ceases to amaze me.

Also, I don't think that photo is fake, but I would agree it probably is from somewhere else.

Pic doesn't look like a fake

A hoax is a deliberately fabricated falsehood made to masquerade as truth.

And thanks Paul. I'm just fine here. I had a very normal day here today. In fact even better. The city owned indoor swimming pool that I'm working at was closed down today to minimize water usage, so the 80 year old ladies that are usually there for their morning swim were sent home today, and us workers had the place to ourselves. :thumbsup_anim:

Weird, weird weather for sure TrueNorth. We had unheard of temps in the mid 80's F here in March. It seems that extremes are becoming more frequent each year. I hope that you guys get that fire situation under control soon.

It's still pretty much a state of chaos here today for many residents. By the sounds of things, there are hundreds (perhaps thousands) of homes with several feet of water in their basements still, as of today. People are trying to pump the water out (if you are lucky enough to get your hands on a pump) but it keeps coming back in just as fast. Many of these homes have had their power and natural gas cut off to reduce safety risks. We are still under a state of emergency here, mainly to try to get federal and provincial help from what I understand. The insurance claims will be monumental I'm sure.

CTV News report of whats happening here

Thanks Joey and Lew. I have personally not been affected by this. My life goes on as normal. I'm one of the lucky ones. In times like this you have to be thankful and do what you can to help others. A facebook page has been set up HERE. I'll keep my eye on this and donate when and where I can.