When needed, she was always there,

Someone I realized would always care.

And the older I got the more I knew,

A mother's love sincere and true.

Now as I watch my mother age in years,

I'm happy to help and ease her fears.

Privileged now to play my part,

As she did for me from the very start

I had to catch a plane this morning at 4am for Atlanta and as i left my Motel room and on my way to the airport i could'nt help but notice how busy all the flower shops were , seemed like every one on the streets were carrying flowers , as i was in the line up waiting to board my plane i ask some one what all the fuss was with all the flowers this morning and the person told me it was because it was Mothers day today . Sitting in my seat i got to thinking about my mom back home and new she might be spending the day alone like i would be doing today, with my lap top turned on checking to see whats going on here at OFC i spotted this thread , Thanks to you Simon i am in my pickup truck with a boquet of rose's on the seat beside me on my way to my Moms to spend the day with her .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Thanks Simon for the nice tribute and the memories. Both Moms are gone now but they are still dear to our hearts. As Wayne said they are all celebrating with

Angel cake and looking down on us smiling...

That was really nice Simon, thanks for sharing it with us.

My Mom's been gone 3 years now but she's still with me every day.

Mom's are special !!

And it was good meting you & your son today too Simon.

My Mom's been gone 3 years now but she's still with me every day.

Mom's are special !!

Funny how that works Lew! You don't understand it until it happens, but you get up every day thinking what would Mom do today? :)

I used to call my Mom several times a day Wayne, just to shoot the breeze and make sure everything was OK. Three years later now and I still find myself reaching for the phone to give her a call sometimes.

I used to call my Mom several times a day Wayne, just to shoot the breeze and make sure everything was OK. Three years later now and I still find myself reaching for the phone to give her a call sometimes.

my mom would call us (two brothers) at 6 pm very night! (telemarketer) Mom, don't you have dinner? I ate at 5 pm.

called to see of you got home ok .... Thanks all is well ? We MISS THAT CALL after a year. Paid her a visit :( and then we gathered together and REMEMBERED her with a fine brunch with all of of the grandkids (Irish knows my Sundays) :)

Today, Irish, it was special! Gone for the first year . . .

My Mom turns 80 in February God willing. Dads been gone for 18 years, and we were sure she would waste away.But she surprised us all and lived in thier home until last spring.

2 years ago we thought we were losing her due to a medication mix up, but she bounced back .She is a tough old bird, and continues to surprise us every day.

I drove to Ottawa yesterday morning, met up with Brother at my sisters place. She picked up mom, who had no idea we were there. When mom got out of my sisters car and saw me standing there, the tears in her eyes spoke volumes of the love she has for me.

At 57, i am truly blessed to have my Mom still alive and well and there when i need a hug.

God Bless Momsclapping.gif