Well it does keep me hopping....

Spiel

Been busy as in really busy in the shop and no end in sight, but it's all good!

Thought I'd share some work from the past week.

A couple of Steelhead rods I've now finished and ready to deliver tomorrow.

Wraps were designed to match the wood work done by my friend JC ( http://www.jccustomtackle.com/ ).

May_5th_3.jpg

May_5th_4.jpg

May_5th_1.jpg

May_5th_2.jpg

The handle on a Walleye rod ready to have the winding finish put on tomorrow.

May_5th_5.jpg

A rebuild (new blank) of a Perch rod I did a month ago using salvaged parts from the previous build, the owner broke it, his fault.

Also waiting for winding finish.

May_5th_6.jpg

And for you Irish (Wayne), winner of my donation to Mike P's Cancer auction, the handle on Leah's new spinning rod. thumbsup_anim.gif

May_5th_7.jpg

Thanks all. :)

Now you got me thinking of another. :wallbash:

Any time Brian, you know where to find me. ;)

On the wooden reel seats does the metal part get cut off then the wood slide inside the threaded tube?

No Edwin, the hardware is purchased that way (example ), many size and colour options available then the wood is turned to fit.

Thanks all. :)

Any time Brian, you know where to find me. ;)

No Edwin, the hardware is purchased that way (example ), many size and colour options available then the wood is turned to fit.

Well actually...many times J.C. cut the metal barrel out of a standard aluminum reel seet, then turned wood to fit.

And yes regardless of whether it's a skeleton seat or not the wood is turned down so that it slides inside the metal reel seat fittings.

Pretty incredible work as per usual! The green dyed wood looks great. Wish I had a matching wood winding check on mine. Next build for sure. :)

Well actually...many times J.C. cut the metal barrel out of a standard aluminum reel seet, then turned wood to fit.

And yes regardless of whether it's a skeleton seat or not the wood is turned down so that it slides inside the metal reel seat fittings.

Pretty incredible work as per usual! The green dyed wood looks great. Wish I had a matching wood winding check on mine. Next build for sure. :)

True, it can be done and I've done it too, just easier to by skeleton hardware.

Next build, I'd of thought you had enough rods already. ;)

True, it can be done and I've done it too, just easier to by skeleton hardware.

Next build, I'd of thought you had enough rods already. ;)

The amount of anodized colors available in standard aluminum reel seats compared to skeleton is huge.

Your buddy up in Caledonia has cut hundreds, mostly because what he wanted wasn't available in a skeleton seat.

And no I never have enough rods. ;)

The amount of anodized colors available in standard aluminum reel seats compared to skeleton is huge.

Your buddy up in Caledonia has cut hundreds, mostly because what he wanted wasn't available in a skeleton seat.

And no I never have enough rods. ;)

That's funny you say that Solo, I bought a breatheable waders from Bondar on the board and guess whats in the back of his truck? One of your earlier Cts :D

Spiel,thanks for the link, I've always thought they were cut. And if they were do you treat the cut ends with something? I have bare aluminum on some parts of my reel and they start to corrode. Also the ring at the end of the threaded part by the locking nuts, they purchased separately?

Edited by spinnerdoc