Ready to go Kayak Fishing.. Any hotspot in Belwood lake?

juan96

Hi

I have finished installing my GPS,Fish Finder and Rod as shown. Anybody know hot spot for Pike and walleye in Belwood lake?

I'll go there this Saturday.

Or other lake is Ok for pike and walleye in spring season around GTA area.

Copy of Copy of 2012-04-25 19.46.05.jpg

Copy of Copy of 2012-04-25 19.45.49.jpg

Copy of Copy of Copy of 2012-04-24 21.52.53.jpg

Are Pike and Walleye open on Belwood Lake. You might want to check the before targeting them :whistling:

Sharp looking install!

Interesting location for the rod holder. It looks like you will have limited range of motion for the rod when trolling, cuz it will hit the fish finder if at a 45° agle.

Edited by N.A.W

PIKE AND WALLEYE ARE OUT OF SEASON RIGHT NOW! AND WILL BE THIS SATURDAY! before you bought your fancy fish finder and gps, you should have looked at the fishing regs that were most likely available for free wherever you bought your kayak and fishfinder, like the rest of us and you would see pike and walleye dont open until mid may. You wouldnt want to get out on the lake and have the mnr come take all your new stuff would you?

Edit: also not a good idea asking for specific spots on lakes that are within an hour away from the GTA. If there are any sweet spots on that lake, nobody is going to give them up

Edited by Oakvillebassguy

Thanks all. I gave up my schedule but trout season will be open from this 4th Saturday on zone 17.

I will try to catch trout. Thanks.

That's pretty much all I can target up north as well... dont' get me wrong, I love fishing for trout or all kinds, but this is typically my least active time of the year for fishing. Can't wait for walleye/pike...but of course I will wait laugh.gif

Just think of the thousands of people who don't have a clue, that don't read this site, and fish OOS all the time. Not even knowing they're in the wrong.

but these are the worst,out of season for a reason.. spawning! the most vulnerable time for many species.

we need more CO's out there

Agreed 10000%. But wait... that would mean the gov't would have to SPEND money....

Signs in popular fishing areas would help

Or reading a regs book...?

I can see it now.... the GRADUATED FISH LICENSE system!

Step 1 - Pass a written test on the opening/closing dates of each species in your area ($49)

Step 2 - Pass a casting test (Another $49)

Step 3 - Pass a setting hook and playing fish test ($49 + gov't fee for using a rod)

Step 4 - Pass a landing/unhooking/fish test ($49)

Step 5 - Pass a HOW TO HOLD A FISH IN A PICTURE test ($299 cause they charge you for a gov't issued camera)

Step 6 - Pass a releasing fish test (on sale $29.99)

Step 7 - wait a full year (or 8 mths if you attend classes) until you can get your full license

Enough about regs...how the heck do you get into a kayak without getting wet??? The thought of one I like...thinking how I get into one...not so much! It has to be easier than a float tube though.....