Mid July Bachelor Party - Where can accomadate 15 guys?

cityfisher

Budget will be the kicker here especially in the Muskoka's

I would take a look at Muskoka Bay in gravenhurst. http://muskokabayclub.com/accommodations.php

Very nice setup they have and a great golf course.

Taboo is nice as well but more pricey. www.tabooresort.com

Deerhurst is one not to ignore. http://www.deerhurstresort.com/ Its the largest of the three and has alot of stuff to do on the resort. the others are mostly just hang out and do your own thing. Although Taboo does offer some things as well through there rec services, I think the offerings at Deerhurst are a bit more broad.

As for the french area I couldn't say.

Budget will be the kicker here especially in the Muskoka's

I would take a look at Muskoka Bay in gravenhurst. http://muskokabayclub.com/accommodations.php

Very nice setup they have and a great golf course.

Taboo is nice as well but more pricey. www.tabooresort.com

Deerhurst is one not to ignore. http://www.deerhurstresort.com/ Its the largest of the three and has alot of stuff to do on the resort. the others are mostly just hang out and do your own thing. Although Taboo does offer some things as well through there rec services, I think the offerings at Deerhurst are a bit more broad.

As for the french area I couldn't say.

all are nice places but i think we are looking more for cabins/lodge vs an all out resort... Mostly because the $$

Thanks for the post though

Edited by cityfisher

Check out Old Mirror Lodge near Loring...Use to go here years ago and I was a good time. New owners now.

http://www.oldmirrorlodge.ca/

Sherriff

I have a cottage just down the river on Wilson Lake. We had dinner at Old Mirror Lodge twice last summer and it was fantastic. They have an outdoor patio and you get to watch the sunset over the water. Food was great and the people seemed very nice.

Should be several good options on Wolseley Bay. I've only ever stayed at Totem Point but may try the Lodge at Pine Cove (library there is named after a friend who wrote book on the French) next time. Get the impression the Lodge is not really targeting the fishing crowd though. There's also Wolseley Lodge and Bryer Lodge. I like the vibe at Lakair over on the West Arm but you'd need to split everyone up though.

You might want to look at the Waltonian on Nipissing . Karen the owner is very nice and helpful.We have been going ice fishing there for 15 years and though the fishing could be better at times the price and people are worth going back for. I know they do a fins and skins weekend in Sept. so she should have info on courses.Restaurant/bar on sight with decent food and a service that will take you in to see the local" dancers" if that's something some of the guys may want. Never taken the " bus " in but some of the younger guys in our group do on occasion lol. Best of luck.

I'd probably try for a private cottage with that many people. Otherwise, you'll have to call around and see if you can get in at the "last minute" because as mentioned, not many places rent for less than a week in July and August.

These ones are nice :rolleyes:

Limberlost Forest and Wildlife Reserve has some larger cottages as well.

I wouldn't mention anything about a bachelor party to anyone either, lol.

Good luck!

I just finished booking a stag my self and I never found a lodge that had any interest of having a large group of guys for the weekend. I went the private cottage rental route and you can get 5-8 bedroom cottages between $1000-$2000 for the weekend early season. July is high season and you would have to rent for the week. You can find big cottages for cheaper Kingston way for $2000-$3000 for the week mind you its late in the season to book cottages for this summer so choice is slimmer. Boat houses are an option I looked at if you get stuck for ideas. Good luck

We've brought between 8 and 35 guys on our ice fishing trips to the waltonian and never had a problem with them. Theyre cottages sleep anywhere from 2 to 12 and owners are great. Ice fishing catches vary every year never been there once the ice is out but the pics look awesome. Restaurant with decent food and a bar on sight with a shuttle to town should have everything you need.

Wasn't this the first line in Deliverance?

I also tried to book a cottage for a bachelor party for my brother about a month ago and found that private cottages were nearly impossible to book once the owner knew that it was for a bachelor party. To be honest I don't think that I would want to rent out my cottage (if I had one)to a bunch strangers for a bachelor party.

Edited by bobowski