What would you do?

GBW

back when i was a kid, in the 1950s, i always fished the grand river at the end of our street in Brantford, never paid any attention to the rules or regs, in fact don't know to this day if there was any at that time, but all i cared for was the fact that i had a rod, a reel and a can of worms to use up. Any fish i caught, usually smallies, went back in the river but i remember the first pike i got, went home to show dad, and it ended up under mom's rose bush. (at that time the grand was too polluted to eat anything from)

Kids who love to fish will take it to heart if you give them advice on the regs if done in a nice way, especially now that the "green" movement is in the forefront of the social conscience.

I think you handled it the right way.

When I see a kid/young one,I dont get upset. I try to tell them they are doing something wrong. NOW when I see these guys that are straight lining on the notty,ahhhhhh,dont get me started. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Buddy of mine caught two guys with fish on a stringer in the No Kill section a few weeks ago, lol!

Buddy of mine caught two guys with fish on a stringer in the No Kill section a few weeks ago, lol!

IMO a lot of these areas do not have big enough signs or no signs at all. Some areas the signs are so high and small unless your looking to the sky,you won't see it.

According to the op these were teenagers. As far as I'm concerned teenagers are old to know better and should be told when doing wrong.

I find it hard to believe they were innocent.

X2.... At 13/14 I knew what the seasons and limits were, my dad was a hunter/fisherman and would have kicked my butt if he found me poaching. Hec, at 15 we could get our hunting licences in 1965 and take a 12 gauge out hunting, unsupervised.

IMO a lot of these areas do not have big enough signs or no signs at all. Some areas the signs are so high and small unless your looking to the sky,you won't see it.

Agreed. They should have them on the road (each direction) at every major bridge crossing in the No Kill section...

According to the op these were teenagers. As far as I'm concerned teenagers are old to know better and should be told when doing wrong.

I find it hard to believe they were innocent.

Correct, I would peg them at 13-14 but I'm getting older so I could be off a year or two. :unsure:

The one boy might not know the reg's at all as he was the buddy tagging along while the other had full gear and was stocked and ready to go. He was ready to get in the water the way he was dressed with his very tall boots and all.

*edit* no matter now, it's in the past & I didn't see them later in the day or since for that matter. Thanks all.

Edited by GBW