you know the steelies are done when...

l2p

Was out for an afternoon fish yesterday, the target in mind were suckers and hoping for a couple drop backs to scratch the itch. After getting bored of catching suckers n no drop backs to show for our efforts we decided to switch it up and move down to the lake, soon as we get there we notice thousands of minnows surfacing on a big hatch of mayflies. Pretty slow for the most part saw a couple fresh bows jumping out in the flow to the lake way out of drifting distance, then out of no where this fish comes along and drops my float.

mP4173837.jpg

mP4173846.jpg

Belly was so full of shiners looked like it had a tumor.

Thats it for me until opener weekend, get some headshakes before leaving on my flight that monday to southeast Asia for some Peacock Bass and Snakehead :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys! A big surprise indeed, more so that I caught it on a worm dragging bottom lol.

Roy gotta love fishing the big water, your float goes down and you never know for sure whats on the other end.

Pics of snakehead and peacock bass to come, along with what other fish may cross my lures path down in Asia!