Best rain suit ?

Lunker777

I have decided I am going to spend the money and invest in a quality suit for the future. I have been using a "make it work" suit for the last two years and its not 100% effective. I want to stay dry while fishing going forward haha

I'm just starting my hunt so I was just looking for some opinions on some of the suits available.

I'm looking at possibly Shimano, BPS, Cabelas, or Frabill... Gortex is a must and I want to add a liner for fall if possible.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for ??

TIA ;)

Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) is another place to look, if you want really high-performance stuff, much like the Arc'teryx gear mentioned previously. But like Arc'teryx, MEC gear is pricey. You can easily be >$500 for jacket and pant.

I think one of the best bang-for-your-buck suits is the Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier suit. And it's on sale right now.

Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) is another place to look, The best if you want really high-performance stuff, much like the Arc'teryx gear mentioned previously. But like Arc'teryx, MEC gear is pricey. You can easily be >$500 for jacket and pant.

The best that I have worn is the bps qualifier 100mph with goretex

Great in all weather and will keep you warm

I think one of the best bang-for-your-buck suits is the Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier suit. And it's on sale right now.

With out a doubt spend the money and get a good goretex suit , you won't regret it ! I was able to get in on the great cabela's guidewear deal

from last fall thanks to a few guys on this board :thumbsup_anim: and I used it once with no problems.I didn't get the liner for it instead opting for a bigger size and wearing a light/heavy fleece under it to match conditions !

For a good suit you will probably be looking at minimum $450-$500 bucks but keep your eyes open for some deals , they do come around once and awhile !

Good luck

I love my cabelas guidewear....

I've been out In some of the nastiest weather fishable and was bone dry(except my face...the only exposed skin...)

I does not have a "removable" liner option.... But I layer up underneath the the suit and do just fine...

I have non insulated and wore it most of the winter ice fishing....as well as some winter days in the boat...you just need good layers underneath...

The Simms Pro Dry is an amazing suit.

I have the old Cabelas Guidewear and the only complaint is the leak at the bottom of the zipper when sitting.

Arc'teryx and MEC both have some really nice stuff that I wear for work. But I like the increased pockets/storage of the fishing dedicated suits.

Don't worry about a zip in liner or insulation. Get a bigger shell and pick up good layers (MEC)

Salus Marine is another company you can check out.

I also purchased the Cabelas Guidewear last winter since it was such a great price, but haven't used it yet so cannot comment - you'll will find a ton of great reviews though. I think any of the aforementioned brands make good rain gear and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them. If it were me, the main factors would be price and warranty - not the specific brand. For example, BPS typically has an excellent warranty on their products, but I couldn't find the info on the rain suit.

Carhartt pvc .50mm C64 coat and R39 bibs.Been uses them at work.Best suit out there.

diesel,hydraulic,tranny and engine oil.It`s been covered in them all and keeps going.

Note to self: don't lend tybo my rain suit.:o

I really like the cabelas guide suit. They were on sale last fall. Quite a few of us here took advantage. I think I saved about $150, got a free tackle bag $60 value, and then when the price dropped and I asked, they sent me a $50 (maybe $75) credit.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i like anything made from goretex and prefer cabelas price over the ridiculous money charged by companies like simms... i mean, who needs a 600 dollar rain coat?

i like anything made from goretex and prefer cabelas price over the ridiculous money charged by companies like simms... i mean, who needs a 600 dollar rain coat?

me :thumbsup_anim: when you can pick up bibs/jacket for half price its well worth it.. this year i am trying cabelas as my back up suit, cant wait to see if this sitting zipper leaking issue has been solved?? i spend 70% of my day sitting trolling on ol bear!

me :thumbsup_anim: when you can pick up bibs/jacket for half price its well worth it.. this year i am trying cabelas as my back up suit, cant wait to see if this sitting zipper leaking issue has been solved?? i spend 70% of my day sitting trolling on ol bear!

Where is your zipper leaking?

I'm a sit down troller and haven't had this problem with my cabelas guidewear I bought last year...

Where is your zipper leaking?

I'm a sit down troller and haven't had this problem with my cabelas guidewear I bought last year...

its not my suit but a buddie that has his that i guide with, hes not sure where its leaking from but he would finish his rainy fishing days with his crotch all wet..