First "GOOD" day of Carpin

well...

so far its been a slow and steady start to the carp season...

most days resulting in fish caught...but not many...1-2-3 at most...

today we headed down to a swim i love fishing in the spring... i havent had much success there yet this year... but i knew it was ready to POP...

as we walked down...i noticed the water had changed from gin clear on Wednesday to cloudy today... thats when i knew...it POPPED...

so we set up all the gear and got the lines in... 5 minutes later my mom came walking down the way with my dog... she took her for a walk and decided to come say hi... while we were talking... the rod fired... so i passed the rod off to mom... she was pretty impressed with the battle for a smaller carp (10lbs)...

then as my mom left... the rod fired again... this time my buddy Zack was up to the plate...right away he said it felt good... and it was... after a nice battle we slipped it in the net... 27.5lbs... our first `decent

we finished with 6 in the net and 1 lost fish...

1daa395d.jpg

Well I hope you enjoyed your last day as a free man Mike.whistling.gif JK!!!!

Everyone, Mike is getting Married tomorrow, and i have the honor of being his photgrapher.I will be sure to add a pic or two when i get backwhistling.gif

Oh..................Nice Carp Dude !!

Can't wait to actually target carp this year. I have a few good spots in mind ..just need to get a good rod and reel. Any suggestions for what I should get mike? Btw congrats on your big day!

first... try carp fishing before you put much money into it...any spinning combo with heavy line can get you some fish...because to get "all" the gear that i would suggest... your looking at a fair bit of money... but i say anything worth doing is worth doing right...

if your set on buying a "carp" set up....shoot me a PM and we can talk $$$ and ill give you some links for online stores that i order from...