NEW Muskie Menu

keram

This going to be long story, but this is exactly how it's happened

I know, the thread title does not explain anything, so let me explain and I better start from beginning

Three weeks ago:

Ice fishing ended too fast :wallbash: , soft water season still in the dreams :rolleyes: , lots of time and only "boring "hockey to watch.LOL

Until......... One of those days I was "playing" with my tackle boxes when my 12 old daughter (Maggie) came from school

and started asking questions about Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Maserati, Bentley and other High End cars ( her boyfriend :o:devil: had a catalog at school )

After some explanation, she took a look at my lures collection and asked: Do you have any "High Performance" lures ( like cars ) in your boxes?. Short consternation :wacko: and I've answered: no I have only GM, Ford and Chrysler. :lol: . Later this evening we are having supper and she says: O.K. Dad let's build some "High Performance" lures, I WILL HELP YOU. :worthy: . Another sleepless night ended with conclusion: WHY NOT?. Next day I've dusted off my woodworking tools ( last time used year ago when I did my boat), adjusted them, changed what had to be changed and spent few hrs on the "drawing board". And this is the effect ( Maggie was very good with sandpaper, and getting better every day on a scroll saw ( under my supervision)) ). These are sinking, suspending and floating versions.

med_gallery_186_32_40282.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_73329.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_89731.jpg

Sinking......? Deep water........?, at night..........?. Charge it with the camera flash.

This is a pattern which any predator fish will notice.

Walleye pattern with eyes and blood ( glow in the dark ).

med_gallery_186_32_11936.jpg

Few more on "drying rotisserie" primed and sealed. Me and Maggie like it so much that we spend every free minute in the garage ( I wish the weather was little bit more cooperative).

We work right now on diving versions and two more patterns ( trout & sucker ).

med_gallery_186_32_87904.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_33882.jpg

All of the above have rattles and are pretty noisy, some are "through wire" construction

Not to be bored with the same staff ,Maggie has asked me one day if we can build "Rolls Royce in limo version" :glare: ?.??????............. WHY NOT :) ., so here it is

"BIG MAMA " ( Maggie prefer to call it this way ) with brothers and sisters, getting in shape on the orbital sander.

med_gallery_186_32_39163.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_50939.jpg

I've almost forgot to mention about one extra feature ( I like it the most) :D

High Performance car usually has High Performance exhaust, in case of the fishing lure (after heated discussion with Maggie) we've decided to call it HPGSFF ( High Performance Garlic( my preferred) Scented Fish Fart)

med_gallery_186_32_47719.jpg

This is how it works:

1" long, 1/4" brass tube is embedded in lure's body. Fill it with anything you like, plug it with piece of foam and ............ scented trail of the lure

I have to go, Maggie is telling me that the BIG MAMA is waiting for some corrections.

P.S. BIG MAMA will have all of the feature described above + * and ** (I will explain when is ready)

P.P.S. Maggie just asked me if Muskies likes music?........ "BIG MAMA" with embedded ipod? I DO NOT THINK SOOOOOOO*

Thanks for listening

Edited by keram