Quantum Re-Ax combo on sale at Can. Tire

Nipfisher

I picked up one of these combos on sale today. They are advertised at $79.99 on sale for $23.99. 70% off.

They are 6'6" Medium rods. Not a bad price for a back up I can leave in the boat.

Anyone use one of these combos yet? The store in North Bay has about 200 of them left.

Here is the link

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/Canadia...&&CityStateZip=

I picked up one of these combos on sale today. They are advertised at $79.99 on sale for $23.99. 70% off.

They are 6'6" Medium rods. Not a bad price for a back up I can leave in the boat.

Anyone use one of these combos yet? The store in North Bay has about 200 of them left.

Here is the link

http://flyer.canadia....&&CityStateZip=

I saw them as well,looked like a good buy for a spare rod as you said,or for the occasional angler.

Edited by davey buoy

I saw them as well,looked like a good buy for a spare rod as you said,or for the occasional angler.

I have no lockable rod storage in my boat so having a few rods I can leave in there or let my 9 year old use/drop in the lake is a bonus.

bought 2 last year...both rods snapped at the tip, one while I was loading line. Brought them in for an exchange. Hope you have better luck then I did.

The composite blank feels a bit fragile. If it breaks, I'll bring it back. If it is my fault, then it is only a loss of $24.

My post was moved when I let everyone in on some good deals for an online auction...perhaps because some of the mods don't like the retailer I mentioned....I DID end up with a Marcum Lx 5 for $300 taxes in....

Might have looked like you were trying to promote another site, or sell something directly through that site. Any time something like that happens, shoot a message to the mods....they're great. If they don't answer, chances are you didn't want to hear the answer anyway thumbsup_anim.gif It's one of the ways they're efficient, too.

The composite blank feels a bit fragile. If it breaks, I'll bring it back. If it is my fault, then it is only a loss of $24.

Still saying for a spare rod and reel great price,If there a little flimsy,and you break it off putting on line,well that aint right,I don't care who you are .That there is funny. LOL.In all seriousness take it back.

Edited by davey buoy

Still saying for a spare rod and reel great price,If there a little flimsy,and you break it off putting on line,well that aint right,I don't care who you are .That there is funny. LOL.In all seriousness take it back.

Actually Davey for a medium rod it feels pretty stiff. It is really light and that makes it feel fragile.

Actually Davey for a medium rod it feels pretty stiff. It is really light and that makes it feel fragile.

So do you pass on this,and wait for another sale?,I would of looked at it but I have three cheap spinning reels and rods and that's more than enough for me .I have one good spinning and one decent bait caster I use on a regular basis. This leads me to a post I will ad later.

So do you pass on this,and wait for another sale?,I would of looked at it but I have three cheap spinning reels and rods and that's more than enough for me .I have one good spinning and one decent bait caster I use on a regular basis. This leads me to a post I will ad later.

I bought one Davey. If I consider all of my rods, (cheap and expensive) spinning and bait casters, trolling set-ups, musky set-ups, pike set-ups, break down rods, and fly rods I think I have close to 20. I really only use about 10 each season so I have began to sort through them.

Our public library runs a fishing program in conjunction with Big Brothers where they will loan out rod / reel combos and tackle boxes to kids so they can go fishing. I have a package of 3 combos and 3 tackle boxes with tackle to donate to the program.

I may also look into arranging a tackle swap and donate funds and tackle to that program and others.

I bought one Davey. If I consider all of my rods, (cheap and expensive) spinning and bait casters, trolling set-ups, musky set-ups, pike set-ups, break down rods, and fly rods I think I have close to 20. I really only use about 10 each season so I have began to sort through them.

Our public library runs a fishing program in conjunction with Big Brothers where they will loan out rod / reel combos and tackle boxes to kids so they can go fishing. I have a package of 3 combos and 3 tackle boxes with tackle to donate to the program.

I may also look into arranging a tackle swap and donate funds and tackle to that program and others.

That's amazing,good for you!!It will bring a lot of joy to the kids who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to enjoy what we call fishing whenever we want.:thumbsup_anim: