Couples Resorts? Bancroft to North Bay

Rod Caster

Sir Sam's just outside of Haliburton. Lots of lakes around and its a nice spot. We spent our first anniversary there. Plenty of things to do in the area. You can do a horseback riding trip into Algonquin that was a lot of fun, fishing, golfing, nice little shops in Haliburton....... The food and service are fantastic.

Sir Sam's is who I chose! Good price, good reviews, good ammenities...good, good, good! Can't wait!

Congrats!. We did much the same thing, got married up there (ended up in Bracebridge;- but no honeymoon due to me running my nealy opened own business at the time and - saved that for 20 years and then cruised Alaska.). We Looked in Resorts Ontario and found at least 15 spots up there, sent them emails and then picked based on the responses.

I'm lucky to get three weeks off .. the third week is reserved for canoeing/camping.

Congratulations Chad. There's a nice resort on the south shore of Nipissing (I can't remember the name), But I think it's off Tillicum Bay Road. Also Resort Tapatoo off the 400 near Parry Sound.

Thanks Brian! Tapatoo seems to get lots of good reviews as well

Great news Chad! Congrets.

I was wondering where she was this year at the G2G..

Working! haha, otherwise she would have been there. Thanks!

Lots of nice places to choose from. Derhurst, Windermere, Domain of Killean, etc.... A number in the Haliburton Highlands that my neice has worked for.

yup, quite a few around Haliburton..that's where we are going. Sir Sam's!

Miss one day on OFC and look what happens!

Chad - who's the guy posing with your GF now Fiancee'? You know - the clean shaven & well dressed one.

Seems to me I had suggested a few months ago that this was imminent!

I wish you all the very best with many years of happiness.

Just one thing - when the little ones are old enough how about letting me teach them how to cast? w00t.gif

Michael

Thanks Mikey! You'll also be the one to teach them how to spool mono..wallbash.giflaugh.gif

Congrats Chad! A friend of mine and his wife actually eloped to the Couples Resort....and absolutely raved about it. They have much higher standards than me, so I figure it has to be pretty good smile.gif

That place looks amazing...but nearly double the cost of the other places!

Congrats Chad!! thumbsup_anim.gif All the best to you and your misses.

The Couples Resort sure does look nice but as you said, a bit pricey. Friends of mine stayed there and loved it.

Thanks Will! Pricey indeed...maybe for the silver anniversay haha

Congrats to your engagement! Very exciting.

I hear Sir Sam's is a cool place to indulge

Have a blast!

Thanks! That's what we chose... they don't have any fishing boats and I've never fished from a sailboat haha

Hey Chad, I just remembered the name of the resort on the south shore. Tama Kwa (spelling?). It's probably in your back yard

NIce looking place. Not quite what I'm looking for, but if they could guarantee I catch a Musky like the one they have on their website I might reconsider. hahah

gallery20_lg.jpg

Sold out for 2012! Must be a nice place.

Ooops sorry, I never noticed that and it's right on the website!

Blue Moon Retreat near Barry's Bay is nice:

http://www.bluemoonretreat.info/Blue_Moon_Retreat.html

Northridge on Lake Bernard is also highly regarded among my yuppie friends LOL!

http://www.northridgeinn.com/

Congrats there buddy!

No help from me in terms of lodging, but I'm sure you'll be having a great time.

Cheers,

Edwin

Thanks Edwinsmile.gif

Have you tried Viamead? It is beautiful!

Nice looking place and the price is inline with the others of that caliber. Thanks for the idea. And they have pigs haha, cool

Fox lake is pretty nice.

http://www.foxlakere...fitters_006.htm

Nice looking lodges...I'd love to vacation out that way, maybe for the second half of our honeymoon. The first half is gonna be a "pamper and spa" type thing. laugh.gif As per her request. The spa sounds good but I'm not looking forward to them putting diapers on me...