Lake wilcox report

Visited lake wilcox today, not a nice day cloudy and chilly. I gotta say that the access there is really horrible. All day I saw ONE minnow, I tried tubes, jerkbaits, corn, worms, shrimp, bread, little bucktail jigs, and poppers and not so much as a nibble, should heat up as it gets warmer but it'll still be tough to find a spot.

I remember 2 years ago, I was fishing off the dock they put out during the late summer. I threw in a mini spinnerbait and caught a bass.

I wouldn't recommend fishing at this lake because they use chemicals to get rid of weeds near the beach and shoreline area.

yeah but why wouldn't you recommend fishing there

I can see not recommending eating the fish

but fishing...

The dock I right beside the beach and there are too many kids in the water close to be docks. You dont want to accidentally snag and leave hooks around. The floating dock is very tight when you want to cast out. Sometimes it would sink a bit because there are to many people on it. I think there's a reason why there is such a limited amount of shore access.

Caught my first crappie there about 20 yrs. ago.

Get a canoe and you will do much better there.

Caught some perch and sunfish and small largemouth.

Panfish maxed out at 8 inches and largemouth was about 12 inches. Small fish.

I doubt there are any kids swimming today

so your private spot and you are trying to discourage people from fishing....LOL

I would buy his explanation about not wanting lost hooks in a popular swimming area. The kids would not be there today, but by the time they are any hooks would still be sharp.

Born and raised in 'the Oaks'. Yes, it's still known as Oak Ridges, though it became part of Richmond Hill a very long time ago. It was great to have a lake down the street when we were growing up, but unfortunately it's never really been worth the effort to wet a line. Most i've ever seen come out of it were panfish, teeny tiny pike, and a handful of bass.

Bond Lake has always been off-limits, though in the last few years on any given summer weekend you'll see dozens of cars parked along Yonge st. as people ignore the signs and use the dock to suntan, fish, swim, etc... Nice looking lake, but again pretty slim pickin's when it comes to fishing. There are two other much better fishing lakes in the area - but I think i'll keep that knowledge to myself ;)

I would buy his explanation about not wanting lost hooks in a popular swimming area. The kids would not be there today, but by the time they are any hooks would still be sharp.

well because he in his first post said he was fishing there off the dock

then well don't fish there is a swimming area,,, good for the goose good for the gander....and i don;t buy

plus I have never

I have never seen structure in s swimming area, except maybe a dock, which he would be standing on, so no a problem at all

there would be no chance of loosing a hook on something that could hurt a child there..IMHO

now if I showed up to fish there and there were kids swimming I would not fish it

or if there was something I could get hooked on, I would not fish in that direction....

but I just don't think there is going to be old cribbing or a big tree in the water to get hung up on in a swimming area..

after re-reading the posts, I stand by my post

so it's your private spot and you are trying to discourage people from fishing....LOL

Edited by Terry

Terry, not that you need any more support in your well constructed argument, but, if they use all these chemicals to kill the weeds, why are people swimming there? whistling.gif

I stand by your post as well LOL

Edited by johnnyb

well because he in his first post said he was fishing there off the dock

then well don't fish there is a swimming area,,, good for the goose good for the gander....and i don;t buy

plus I have never

I have never seen structure in s swimming area, except maybe a dock, which he would be standing on, so no a problem at all

there would be no chance of loosing a hook on something that could hurt a child there..IMHO

now if I showed up to fish there and there were kids swimming I would not fish it

or if there was something I could get hooked on, I would not fish in that direction....

but I just don't think there is going to be old cribbing or a big tree in the water to get hung up on in a swimming area..

after re-reading the posts, I stand by my post

so it's your private spot and you are trying to discourage people from fishing....LOL

Tin_foil_hat_3.png