Ganaraska fishway update march 22

chessy

And we need a new thread for this?

Hello poachers, just a heads up......... whistling.gif

Sorry to use your bandwidth spiel and the poachers are there anyway. asshat.gif

....oh boy! All winter long: peace and quiet. But the steelhead start running and... Why is it that salmonids do this to us? :wallbash:

p.-

Keep the numbers and reports coming Chessy, it appears the run maybe slightly larger then last years reported run, the Ganny is known for producing a late run, which still could show up, and in the past has shown up on opening week, but that run usually spawns in the lower stretches, picking could and likely will be slim for the opener, is the waterflow still coming over the whole area of the dam, if thats the case they will blow out, with no required rain to increase water flow

we are now at 5965 aprox 500 fish over i forget the exact number in 24 hours.. there is only about 300 more fish in the fishway that i could see.. the run is over so we will prob be at the 6200 mark by time over as predicted by allot of people the rainy summer 3 and 4 years ago produced a bumper crop of fish .

we are now at 5965 aprox 500 fish over i forget the exact number in 24 hours.. there is only about 300 more fish in the fishway that i could see.. the run is over so we will prob be at the 6200 mark by time over as predicted by allot of people the rainy summer 3 and 4 years ago produced a bumper crop of fish .

Is it a bumper crop, or comparable to the actual count from last year which was just over 6000 fish as well, the river the size of the Ganny with its incredible spawning water available on both the east and west branch should easily support an annual run of 10,000 to 12,000 fish actually counted and not with a guestimate, the annual Chinook run is larger then the steelhead run, and they are naturals and not stockers. It appears as Craig said the rain and warmer water allowed the run to come all at once and not staggered as it normally occurs. The run to me seems stable, but not increasing, by my observation