Anyone have a GoPro

coreyhkh

I will be buying the gopro 2 shortly

I am waiting for the Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote. to be available

after seeing the great videos irishfield made with his, I had to have one

I have been trying to buy one on ebay o save some money

but for some reason they have been bid up to more then I can walk into a store and buy one. plus they charge for shipping..why would anyone buy one for more money..don' get it

Edited by Terry

I got a GoPro Hero on February 14th but I haven't been out with it...yet. Tons of accessory mounts and such to look at. Something else to do for this summer.

And yeah, Kodak is officially out of the camera business. A hard blow to those of us who grew up calling a camera a Kodak. Hey Agnes! Fido's taking a dump, get the Kodak!

I've had my GoPro for over half a year. Lots of great footage from my fishing excursions. My computer harddrive is quickly running out of room with all the high definition videos.

I highly recommend the "chesty" (chest mount) and spare battery is a must.

I have a 32G Class 10 SDHC on the device. I can record close to 6-7 hrs (720P quality) of non-stop videos with 2 batteries.

The wide-angle lens will capture more objects within the frame, but closeup subjects will look slightly distorted.

Here are some of my outings recorded with GoPro HD Hero:

Taken with the head mount

Taken with the chest mount

Taken with the head mount

Edited by young_one

Dont buy the original Go Pro if you find it on the net for sale. They dont service them anymore, youll get an optin for some money to get a go pro2. It is awesome. I have the video of my big muskie from last summer on it somewhere.

Remeber the go pro2 has a display which really is needed so you can edit on the fly.

Go pro's are awsome little cam's we use one for POV (point of view) shots and uderwater footage. Some better cams are on the market for the price range but GoPro is easy to use and has a TONE of accessories.

Here is a vid mostly shot with go pro, but dont confuse the shots with the T3i tongue.gif

https://vimeo.com/38384860

this is kinda of a cool mount for edits, made with the "handle bar mount" (sorry not HD)

Edited by Quebec Kid

anyone recommend where to get the gopro2 at a decent price?

you can buy from the US and get it for 300 bucks but then shipping and what not

350.00 seems to be the going price futureshop bestbuy henerys

if it goes on sale anywhere I wil be all over it

I got the HD hero at Christmas for $189 I think at Future Shop. So far so good but the GoPro CineForm Studio software keeps on crashing on me and have no clue what else to use to edit the videos.

My only complaint with the gopro is underwater. The footage is terrible. If you are looking to get a lot of under water shots you might want to look into an after market flat lens for the housing, though they are fairly expensive. If you search gopro focus fix or gopro blur fix on youtube you will find some DIY videos on how to fix the problem as well as before and after clips. Other than that I love the camera and can't wait to put it to use this summer!