Favourite remote area to lodge and fish

PickerelHunter

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which region is your favourite to fish and lodge?

• Wawa/Chapleau
    • Temagami/Marten River
    • Timmins/Gogama
    • Southwest and Central Quebec

Hey guys...my previous topic of fishing lodge recommendations didn't spark much interest...I'm assuming it was much too broad

Still hoping for some insight here...

I spent hours last night researching nearly every lodge in Ontario and Quebec that I could find on the net (hundreds to say the least!!). And have narrowed it down to a few in each of the areas listed.

Please respond to the poll if you have a chance and drop a message about outfitters etc. if you can

Thanks guys!

(oh and if anyone ever needs a good list of fishing lodges in these areas with rates and other info in a spreadsheet let me know, the research is done for you! lol )

Edited by PickerelHunter

Nakina is amazing, going last week of June...we have one remote lake that we camp out on for a week and catch loads and loads of nice pike and walleye.

Bringing my girlfriend on this trip though and the drive would probably do her in way out there. Thanks for the feedback

My favourite lodge is kenuk it is run by fairmont hotels, it's in southwestern quebec, when you stay at one of the cottages you actually get your own lake in some parts! And with such little pressure it's really easy to fish, if you want to get your kids into fishing then stay at the hidden lake cabin (I think it's called that) just cast a worm out and you have a fish! Also I know that I'm being fairly specific here but it's private and it's not like 50 guys are going to show up one night!

Nakina is amazing, going last week of June...we have one remote lake that we camp out on for a week and catch loads and loads of nice pike and walleye.

Bringing my girlfriend on this trip though and the drive would probably do her in way out there. Thanks for the feedback

Very cool, it's entirely probable I've fished the same lake.

I have been going to Gogama the last week of June for about 10 years now and we always have lots of pickeral to eat, even good luck at some bass and whitefish. We have been staying at www.minakwalodge.com very clean and upto date housekeeping cottages....seems like they make more improvements every year. They also have a nice marina with hydro hookups to charge the batteries, we have been travelling in a group of twelve and bring 4 boats with us, it is a very reasonable week cost wise (we rent two cabins).

I also flew to a remote lake from Air Ivanhoe that's in Foleyet, went around August 17, 2011 and it was the best fishing I ever had. We counted the pickeral that we caught and released on the Wednesday and it was a total of 65 for dad and myself. I would definetly go to one of there camps again.

No matter where you go I am sure you will have a good time, I found that its a must to have a portable fish finder and do your research on the internet before you go to find where they are catching fish and what method they are using.

Good luck,

Bing

Great stuff guys, thanks for the action in the poll. Looks like the Wawa/Chapleau/Missanabie area is winning a majority

I've got about 8 lodges in the area shortlisted and I'll look through them...heard negative things about the fishing on Dog Lake but that camp looked quite attractive for the price

Great stuff guys, thanks for the action in the poll. Looks like the Wawa/Chapleau/Missanabie area is winning a majority

I've got about 8 lodges in the area shortlisted and I'll look through them...heard negative things about the fishing on Dog Lake but that camp looked quite attractive for the price

Yeah, Dog Lake can be a tough nut to crack, beautiful lake though!

If you don't mind my asking what's your budget? Shoot me a pm if that's okay.

I may have a really good option for you in that area.