Simcoe Ice conditions. Thursday March 15th

Cudz

I am not sure if it was a wise decision but I decided to take the 2 out of my 3 daughters onto the ice today on Simcoe. Things worked out better than anticipated. I think those 2 cold nights last week really firmed things up. There is still a good 2.5" of ice out there. Just be careful, there are a few larger cracks starting to open up. I took a pic of the girls on the ice. The girls probably should have been wearing survival suits but they probably would have got heat stroke due to the 19 degree temps outside.

ice.jpg

I wish folks would blur out the background, that spot will be a zoo this weekend.

:lol:

Good of you to have the young ladies go on the ice bare footed. It will get them used to the cold tile floors in the kitchen. That's what I call 'future planning'.

oh oh.... them fight'n words. lol

I wish folks would blur out the background, that spot will be a zoo this weekend.

:lol:

oh oh.... them fight'n words. lol

I have'nt check yet , but do you think the bay will be full of boats this weekend ???????or the beach full of people .

Edited by Skipper " D "

I am not sure if it was a wise decision but I decided to take the 2 out of my 3 daughters onto the ice today on Simcoe. Things worked out better than anticipated. I think those 2 cold nights last week really firmed things up. There is still a good 2.5" of ice out there. Just be careful, there are a few larger cracks starting to open up. I took a pic of the girls on the ice. The girls probably should have been wearing survival suits but they probably would have got heat stroke due to the 19 degree temps outside.

It is good to hear from you Cudz!

I hope that you are enjoying your break.

Jim

Good of you to have the young ladies go on the ice bare footed. It will get them used to the cold tile floors in the kitchen. That's what I call 'future planning'.

lol. I doubt it. Neiter of them can figure out how to clean or cook. Actually the one the right can make kraft dinner. SHe has a crazy temper and fights all the time. Good luck to the poor soul who gets that for the rest of his life. lol. Kraft dinner and beatings for him.

Edited by Cudz