Looking for a BnB or other place for the Mrs and I

GBW

Hey all

So the mrs says to me tonight that for our 12 YR we need to do something and if all works out i can get some fishing in. Any idea's close (2 hour drive time) from Whitby? We have been to the Niagara area before and no need to go back so any ideas are welcome, cheers.

Geoff

One of my favourite places to go, although more then the 2 hours you are looking at. Bob and Peg are terrific hosts. Down fall is you are a bit of a drive to anything for dinner. Sudbury gives you some choices but you cannot beat "The Bus" in Killarney for fish and chips.

Whispering Pines On The Bay

Here's my report from a few years ago. (Woodgrange B&B doesn't have a listing anymore, maybe just closed for the winter :dunno:)

Of course you can search BBCanada . Been using that site for years and must have stayed in 30+ B&B's over the years, never had a bad experience.

Another one that is a bit closer to your 2 hour range is Inks Spot B&B in Huntsville.

Family weekend fun a couple of years ago Report

Any questions, fire away.

Hey Geoff,

OOD Magazine had a writer's retreat two falls ago at Elmhirst Resort - on the shores of Rice Lake. Your own cottage on the water, wonderful restaurant, acres of hiking trails and rolling hills, horseback riding, a spa...plus, all the fishing you want.

I had a great experience - thought I'd pass the recommendation on.

http://www.elmhirst.ca

Cheers,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman

Thanks all, going to check into them later with the Mrs to see what she likes.

G, been there and we both didn't like it but thanks.

Justin, I checked that real quick for 1 thing and 1 thing only, boat rentals... LOL Ok, make it 2, she get's a spa treatment while I get to fish :thumbsup_anim:

I'll check in later too so if anyone else has more to add, have at'er! Thanks!

Geoff

Maybe I missed it.......but did you mention the exact time of year....could really make a difference where I would recommend ???

May 6 or dang close

wow really? lets just say it is a goodthing CSI has not found a need to use the Blue light in the rooms I have been in! :whistling:

:rolleyes::devil:

Elmhirst Resort - on the shores of Rice Lake.

Well, an update for you all... She picked Elmhirst based on the web site and chat she had with someone there. Thanks Justin!

And thanks to all that offered ideas too! :thumbsup_anim:

Well, an update for you all... She picked Elmhirst based on the web site and chat she had with someone there. Thanks Justin!

And thanks to all that offered ideas too! :thumbsup_anim:

Elmhirst is a very nice resort. Now all you have to do is convince your wife to go May 12 so you can target walleye...whistling.gif