St. Croix rod warranty work

commie

Anybody have experience with sending rods back to St. Croix for repair/replacement?

Last summer I snapped an 1 year old Avid spinning rod at the tip, and I never got around to sending it back. I just called St. Croix today, and they told me to send it either their Wisconsin location or the Fedex transfer in Mississauga along with a $30 cheque and they will either repair or replace.

Which location is better to send to and what is a good shipping container for the rod(its a 2 peice model).

thanks

I sent a rod in last spring after snapping the tip the first time out. They even waived the $30 fee for me. I sent it to Mississauga and there weren't any problems with that. It's cheaper than sending it to Wisconsin and you don't have to deal with filling out a customs form. They sent a new rod back to me in the same container I shipped the broken one in so I'd use a half decent one so that your new rod comes back to you safely. I used a PVC pipe that I cut and sealed each end. Mine was a 1pc so it was long but should be much easier for you with a 2pc.

Even if I didn't buy the rod at that dealer? I purchased the rod at an US store when i was down there.

Shouldn't matter, as long as it's a model they carry. They should still warranty it for you, or at least send it in to St.Croix if they won't provide you a replacement.

I've had several replaced but I've never dealt directly with St. Croix.

I've always just brought the broken rod into any tackle shop that carries St. Croix rods.

Bingo.

I broke 2 8'6" premiers on big carp, and had them replaced both times. Not exactly fast, but it was done.

I dealt with them directly, they fixed 4 rods for me, I upgraded 2 on the phone with Dan (guy who works there) then bought a pink rod for the wife with her name on it.

I sent mine to Wisconsin through FedEx. I dropped off at a depot, put a note in the carpet tube I sent it in and had a call the next week.

I have to say, St. Croix provides AMAZING customer service. I have nothing to say bad about any aspect of their business. For that, I will be a customer for life and recommend them to anyone who asks.

It doesnt matter where or when you bought your rod, they stand behind their products.

Buy a new top section?

Bought my St.Croix flyrod at Angling Specialties in Mississauga. Broke it while fishing with a friend from Guelph. He took it into his local shop Kingsway Sports and a few weeks later I had a brand new rod case and all.

God Bless,

Don

Edited by smallmouth89

I tried to take mine for exchange to a local shop and they wouldn't because I didn't buy it there. Find out which local store has St.Croix reps that drop in. Then take it to them and plead that you lost the receipt but bought it there :thumbsup_anim:. They should help you out. Mine ended up costing me like 40$ to send to Wisconsin and that was like 5-6 years ago ;).

Edited by Fish4Eyes

I tried to take mine for exchange to a local shop and they wouldn't because I didn't buy it there. Find out which local store has St.Croix reps that drop in. Then take it to them and plead that you lost the receipt but bought it there :thumbsup_anim:. They should help you out. Mine ended up costing me like 40$ to send to Wisconsin and that was like 5-6 years ago ;).

Weird, which shop?

I've brought broken St. Croix rods with no receipts into both Fishing World and Bills Bait with absolutely zero issues.

All of the rods that needed replacement were purchased elsewhere.

Weird, which shop?

I've brought broken St. Croix rods with no receipts into both Fishing World and Bills Bait with absolutely zero issues.

All of the rods that needed replacement were purchased elsewhere.

First I called JB Fishing Depot where I bought it and they said to send it to St Croix. Next I went to Fishing World and they said no. If I remember correctly, if the reps do not come to the store, then they wont do it. Maybe they are on board with a rep now? Again, when I tried was years ago things could have changed since then.

With Shimano it wasn't a problem to get it replaced at Fishing World. Although I did have to wait a while for it to come in. How fast you get your rod depends on how frequently the rep drops in.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to give an update on my rod replacement.

I shipped the broken rod to the US St. Croix location using Canada Post, cost was $22. This was 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday, I received a brand new replacement Avid rod in the mail. It was packaged in a very solid shipping tube.

No questions asked, they didn't even call me for explanation or anything.

Now this is what I call customer service. Makes me want to continue buying St. Croix rods with their lifetime warranty.

Edited by commie

Anybody have experience with sending rods back to St. Croix for repair/replacement?

Last summer I snapped an 1 year old Avid spinning rod at the tip, and I never got around to sending it back. I just called St. Croix today, and they told me to send it either their Wisconsin location or the Fedex transfer in Mississauga along with a $30 cheque and they will either repair or replace.

Which location is better to send to and what is a good shipping container for the rod(its a 2 peice model).

thanks

Bring them to a tackle store. I send away St Croix rods lots and they always replace the rod, still have not had a problem since I started last fall. You pay $12.50 for shipping and the warranty 95% of the time covers the rod replacement. Only really pay fees on reels or terrible rod company's.

Everything except Quantum rods I send out and always have replacements coming back. Hope you have a store that will do this for you, it's the easiest way unless you live near office of your rods brand.