Grabovski

Lip-ripper

not worth that much money - good for his agent tho! job well done!

Do you think he belongs with this group??? if you do, ill take some of what your smoking!

Tavares, John » 21 NYI 6 2018 $4,000,000 $5,500,000 $0

Kessel, Phil » 24 TOR 5 2014 $5,100,000 $5,400,000 $100,000

St. Louis, Martin » 36 TBL 4 2015 $5,500,000 $5,625,000 $125,000

Perry, Corey » 26 ANA 5 2013 $4,875,000 $5,325,000 $175,000

Getzlaf, Ryan » 26 ANA 5 2013 $6,125,000 $5,325,000 $175,000

Pominville, Jason » 29 BUF 5 2014 $5,500,000 $5,300,000 $200,000

Hossa, Marian » 33 CHI 12 2021 $7,900,000 $5,275,000 $225,000

Carter, Jeff » 27 LAK 11 2022 $6,250,000 $5,272,727 $227,273

Richards, Mike » 27 LAK 12 2020 $8,400,000 $5,750,000 $250,000

Sharp, Patrick » 30 CHI 5 2017 $6,000,000 $5,900,000 $400,000

Ryan, Bobby » 24 ANA 5 2015 $5,562,500 $5,100,000 $400,000

Kesler, Ryan » 27 VAN 6 2016 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $500,000

Elias, Patrik » 35 NJD 7 2013 $5,000,000 $6,000,000 $500,000

The only relevant salaries in that group are the guys who signed deals the year they were going to be UFAs. That makes the list 3-4 guys: St. Louis, Hossa, Elias and maybe Sharp. None of the other guys could walk, meaning the team had more leverage.

The only salary number that matters is the yearly cap hit, not the decreasing yearly dollars at the end of the deals that are listed.

You want a 36 or 35 year old for the next 5 years in todays fast game?

I would've thought 5per would've got it done, but good for the agent! Burke and Nonis realize his worth to the second line and, barring his last little hiccup has shown almost exactly the same progress as St. Louis in his first 5 seasons. Hes invaluable to the Leafs and, IMO, is in the top 5 2nd line Centres in the league. Glad to have him aboard.

Sure,

60 points a season isn't worth 5.5 million a year, not even close

How come no one has answered my question yet?

The Maple Leafs pretty much have a licence to print money so the cost isn't the issue its the cap hit. The cap is a lot higher then when those guys signed their contracts and I think you'll find that when many of them resign their value will go up to mid 6's, high 7's (don't count St. Louis or Hossa, they're getting old).

Again, its like what kickingfrog said, its all about supply and demand. If you can get a better centre in this offseason for 5.5 million.... or any money value, I'd be impressed.

what?

his 2 way play is probably one of the best on that team.

no its not. it really isnt. sit and watch the games, and watch his play. he shows flashes of excellant hockey, and at times has shows he can be a top 2 way player. most of the time he floats around, and just gets lazy in his own end and ignores his defensive responsibilities.

I agree with what Kypreos and company said tonight, $5.5 mil equates to 80 points per season consistently, I hope you read that in the Sun tomorrow Grabo, because you're going to have to step it up, you're a rich man, now hold up your end of the bargain

If I had to guess, this is just another screw up that helps to keep the Leafs out of contention for the next few years

I'm a Leaf fan but it's very frustrating putting up with their constant crappy performances, you have to go to the bottom and draft well and rebuild before you can be a contender, the Flyers finished dead last 2 years ago, now they are respectable, why do we consistently suck so hard? ahhhh, I wish I lived in Boston

You laff fans crack me up, first you were all calling for Grabs head and wanting him out.

Next you were criticizing Wilson for being out of touch and hard on the players.

Now you have a long term contract and are defending it, the new coach is labeled as a no Bull coach who is demanding on the players and you think that is good.

On top of that he doesn't hold perimeter, non contact players like Kessels in high regard.

Tell me this.

How long will it be until Carlysle alienates the team, and Kessel? And how long will Burke tolerate the coach not favoring his pet player?

You guys criticize Don Cherry for speaking out and being consistent in his views but, like a bunch of hypocrites you flip flop like a bad waffle.

Like a freeking soap opera...As the leaf turns.

Bahahahahaha

You laff fans crack me up, first you were all calling for Grabs head and wanting him out.

Next you were criticizing Wilson for being out of touch and hard on the players.

Now you have a long term contract and are defending it, the new coach is labeled as a no Bull coach who is demanding on the players and you think that is good.

On top of that he doesn't hold perimeter, non contact players like Kessels in high regard.

Tell me this.

How long will it be until Carlysle alienates the team, and Kessel? And how long will Burke tolerate the coach not favoring his pet player?

You guys criticize Don Cherry for speaking out and being consistent in his views but, like a bunch of hypocrites you flip flop like a bad waffle.

Like a freeking soap opera...As the leaf turns.

Bahahahahaha

You've created a composite fan that only exists in your mind to suit your stance.

Sheep, and goats, Leaf's Nation are not. As you would know if you could follow the discussion above.

You've created a composite fan that only exists in your mind to suit your stance.

Sheep, and goats, Leaf's Nation are not. As you would know if you could follow the discussion above.

Sure I have, whatever you say!

I would debate this but it's against NHL fan policy to argue with fans of teams who have not made the playoffs for 6 consecutive years.

Sure I have, whatever you say!

I would debate this but it's against NHL fan policy to argue with fans of teams who have not made the playoffs for 6 consecutive years.

That's it eh? You're been going on for pages and you're done. Be still, my beating heart. Come on, provide some more of your facts, they are so ever entertaining.

I never said I was done, just that arguing with laff fans is fruitless!

I have plenty more to comment!

LoL

He was wearing a Leafs jersey when he touched you, wasn't he?

Seriously, I've never met anyone with such an inferiority complex, that you would spend literally 1-2 hours a day arguing against the leafs. Yes Ottawa is ahead of Toronto this year in the standings. Yes, the leafs have a much better franchise history. And yes, Ottawa is a depressingly poor city to live in. I get it. But seriously dude, move on and get a life.