Who's hitting crappie on the opener??

jeffw

Just thought I would see who's hitting the opener for crappies instead of trout. I will be fishing on sturgeon lake but may try out scugog. I will be hitting the marinas and back bays with small tubes, crayfish and fin s minnows and a float and might even try my 5wt fly rod.

Cheers Jeff

You Betcha ! Can't wait ! Don't know if we will hit any but we sure as hell will be chasing them on Pigeon...LOL

Don't know what this cold spring will do to them this year...assuming the ice goes out this weekend it will be a full week later than last year (Apr 13)...

Opener last year they didn't start biting good until the afternoon after the sun had warmed things up a bit...so much for getting up early...LOL

i'll be heading out on the canoe but haven't decided on a location yet. First time targetting them in spring and first time fishing open water for crappie so i'll see how that goes.

Good luck to everyone who's heading out on the opener (trout/crappie)!!

I think I will try Scugog too ( and I really mean TRY ), Looking for my third crappie :rolleyes: ( the only two I've ever caught were on different lake on Muskie size spinnerbait :dunno: ). I still have no idea where to find them :dunno::wallbash: , but again I will try :thumbsup_anim:

T'aint mine Brian...Private Property...Tresspassers suffer the wrath of Uncle Vinny (The Chin) and Guido...not a nice thing to witness my son... :unsure::whistling::unsure:

Hey there cat,I know acouple of fellas like that,I just bring some canollis and Im in like that. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by misfish

Guest skeeter99

hitting scugog

might even bring the white bucket and put it in the middle of the bass boat .....................HEHEHE

Edited by skeeter99

I would also like to support the walleye population on scugog...anyone got any pointers on finding the crappie there?

I know the marina`s/docks will be loaded with the pesky buggers so that`s where I will be.

Bring a big bucket and fill it there is no limit!

Support Scugog Walleye kill a Crappy Crappie!!!!

Has anyone rented a canoe on Scugog before and can tell me where they got it from? I'd love a lazy day of floating around looking for crappies (I've never fished them before or even been to Scugog) but I don't think there's a lot of shore spots (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so rental it is. Or of course if anyone is looking for someone to split gas and confirm your stories about the record slabs you caught I'm your man.

never have caught a crappie in my life!!! anyone willing to take a newbie on????

can i use my floatreel so i feel sort of at home?? LOL

The only time I use my float rod is for crappies. Easy to make long casts with a float. Long casts are usually the key in catching a bunch of crappies. Its also nice to see the old loomis bent over with a nice slab on the end :)

I usually hit rice or pigeon, but I have pulled some slabs thru the ice on the bog.....maybe its better there now? I'll have to give it a shot.

Anyone get into them good on Sturgeon?

sinker

Please accept this as a standing invite to fish Scugog or any of other kawartha lake and help thin out the bands of marauding Walleye fry eaters!

Support Scugog Walleye kill a Crappy Crappie!!!!

Do you really think the crappies have had that much of an impact on the eyes in scugog?

I know the eye fishing isn't as good as it once was, but I don't think crappies are the blame. Maybe too many people fishing....hard and softwater.....the lake gets pounded! Release the eyes and feast on crappies!!

Sinker