Lake SImcoe whities show

icefisherman

Well right when I kind of gave up on the hope to get enough ice on SImcoe to catch some whities ...bammmm...a great friend of mine gave me the urgent call this morning...how could I decline it ha ha ha....quick organizing with the kids and we were fishing by 12:30pm...never in my life I went fishing at 12:30 but hey....not that many days left in this ice season and ice is not getting any better so we jumped on the opportunity....

Meegs did all the damage today...some very fat healthy whities for sure....my younger boy (won't you know it) despite all the warnings not to do his annual trick of jumping in the hole decided to do precisely that....so there we had it...right foot wet...whities biting what do you do?!?!?.....talk the kids into running, restyling arround....checking onto all the other people in the area....anything to keep them moving....which they did pretty good up until the last 30 min when the cold Finlay got into them...hence the picture is not very smiley but they did get into their usual mood on the way back to the car as bodies warmed up from the walk...

Anyhow....fantastic day out there...whities were cooperating...5 nice ones today...lost the 6-th half way up the hole at the end of the day but decided to leave as the kids were getting cold but they managed to catch some themselves so they were happy campers after worming up....110 fow...ice is not very good and getting worse for sure...we were at 4-5" but half of that was white ice....some spots have more than others...not sure if it will stay there until the end of the seaosn...I doubt it....

Here are couple shots for your viewing pleasure:

WP_000142.jpg

WP_000144.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Not open water but just a skim ice on top. Few guys went to check it out...I didn't want to get too close to it whistling.gif

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Holy cow. I was wondering about that. I don't know if I'd have the kahunas to get that close hahaha.

You iced some great whities... I sure wish those buggers would show up when I'm fishing Nipissing.