Erie Otters Moving to Hamilton

pikehunters

Sucks for the fans of Erie, and if this does happen I hope the residents of the Steel City will support them, considering the fact that if they do move to Hamilton, this will be the 6th time the same franchise will be in the Hamilton.

Franchise history

1946–53 Windsor Spitfires

1953–60 Hamilton Tiger Cubs

1960–74 Hamilton Red Wings

1974–76 Hamilton Fincups

1976–77 St. Catharines Fincups

1977–78 Hamilton Fincups

1978–84 Brantford Alexanders

1984–88 Hamilton Steelhawks

1988–96 Niagara Falls Thunder

1996–present Erie Otters

Just on the news the buzz is that The Erie Otters may be making a move to Hamilton. Any news on your end??

Here is the link on the news last night. Should have posted originally but I made a stupid move & listend to the weather man.

6"-8" of snow overnight 3" - 5" on Sat. So i got the truck & plow already to go anticipating a 20 hr push. Woke up this morning to green grass. wallbash.gif

http://yourerie.com/...t?nxd_id=218542

One could argue that 53-76 would only be one time with 2 name changes. ;)

Correct, I should of said 4th time in Hamilton since they stayed in the Hammer through those years.

I LOVE having the Niagara IceDogs in St. Catharines and if Hamilton does get an OHL team I would gladly go to a bunch of games every year like I do for the AHL Bulldogs, mind you it would be nice to keep the Bulldogs in Hamilton also, sadly the attendance just isn't there.

The Bulldog situation should be interesting to watch, their lease at Copps expires at the end of the 2012-2013 season and so does their affiliation agreement with Montreal. Same thing happened when the Oilers decided to move the original Bulldogs franchise( formerly Cape Breton) to Toronto as the Roadrunners in 2002 and the Quebec Citadelles were brought in to Hamilton to carry on as the Bulldogs as the Montreal affiliate. That was the one season when the Bulldogs played as a combo affiliate for the Habs and Oilers in 2002 and in 2003 they became the Habs affilaite alone.I hope the Bulldogs hang around but can't blame them if they move, we have seen plenty of teams come and go here. Remember the other AHL team the Hamilton Canucks and or last OHL team The Dukes of Hamilton, I sure did like the Steelhawks when they were around though.