A WOW from Spring Fishing Show

Fang

Did my annual wander around the Spring Fishing show and although the displays and deals seem to be few and far between I did come away this year with a few positives,

Found a few deals this year. JB's Fishing Depot had most of their plastics on buy 3 or 4 and get 1 bag free. Now that's not a far out ridiculous deal but the selection of product was the best I'd ever run into. All the new baits, new colors and several of my secret favorites (look for cleaned out hooks at his booth - ha ha)

In the rod clear out section at Natural Sports I found a couple of gems. A Shimano Alivio carp rod for $60 and Abu Vendetta rods for $50. Good selection of 1 piece spinning/bait casting. Picked up a 7'4" M spinning that'll be perfect for tubes and drop shot on erie.

One big rant was the price for the pepperettes. I always buy a few to munch on while walking around the show. Size, selection and price was too high for me this year.

On the plus, they did serve cold Mill Street at the bar :thumbsup_anim:

Best at Show Award!

For anyone considering a boat purchase this year, please do yourself a favor and search out the new Larson (yes I said LARSON) FX 1750. For a multi species boat I have not seen anything in all my years as impressively designed for deck, storage and fishable areas. The show special is almost too good to believe

$22,995

comes with a 115HP merc

Folding tongue matching trailer (and not a little undersized one)

Minn Kota and Lowrance fish finder.

By far the most impressive layout I've seen in a long time. 96" beam makes this boat a monster even for 17.5 foot.

Just thought I'd pass this along and hopefully they'll be coming out with a 19-20 footer in this in a year or so.

i checked that out it is very similar to my stratos excursion. same layout, rod storage, etc. that would be a great do everything boat, very few sacrifices for fishing and still a very comfortable family boat. the nicest part for me is everything is in its place - there is NOTHING on the deck of that boat if you dont want there to be.....

and a nice price as well.

I was there as a first timer I thought it was not to bad. I was going to pick up a shimano sellus rod but the group I was with were going to bass pro to so I held off just to find out bass pro had no bait cast rod of that make. Maybe I will find in London

Radio world is selling Fish Hawk X4's for $540 at the show. That's a very good price. I picked up mine at the Sportsman Show last year from Radio World for 5 bills. The boats seemed to be priced fairly well. I zipped over to Sail in Vaughan and picked up some NK Mags for 4.49 a piece (regular price). That's a very good price and far better than anything at the show (or anywhere else for that matter).

The show is fun but I don't go expecting a deal. If you keep your eyes peeled you can catch a deal, it just depends if it is on something you need. Remember, it is not a deal if you didn't need it in the first place!

I can not find Bomber deep divers anywhere. Lots of shallow ones around but I have been having a tough time finding the deep divers.

Finally put my apprehentions away and got a wire set up for dipseys, been flirting with the idea. The guy from tightlines was really helpful ...thats what i appreciated more then the price.

It was shaun at the Advanced setup. I was hoping it was going to be James because I always deal with James for some reason. I wanted tyo ask if he had scored my whitetail yet. Oh well have to wait!

Finally put my apprehentions away and got a wire set up for dipseys, been flirting with the idea. The guy from tightlines was really helpful ...thats what i appreciated more then the price.

It was shaun at the Advanced setup. I was hoping it was going to be James because I always deal with James for some reason. I wanted tyo ask if he had scored my whitetail yet. Oh well have to wait!

You are going to LOVE the wire!

I finally got set up with two wire rigs from Tall Tales last year. He was very helpful and I really appreciated it.

When I am staring at my spread waiting for a rod to go off I am hoping it is one of the wire set ups.

It is like a physical assault.

Cheers

I went on Saturday afternoon with my son. It was a good time. I didn't notice the Larson but I thought the Legend display was really something. I love the new colours and the layout of the Excalibur series seems perfect for my family of four with the fold down back seats creating a great fishing platform. Will have to think long and hard about my first boat purchase next year.