Hockey Day in Canada

muskymatt

YUP. Schen looked really bad on the 1st 2 goals then almost a third one. Trade bait.......who would want him?????

The Columbus Blue Jackets would take Shenn, they are suckers maybe the Leafs can get Carter in return, heck send Phaneuf and Schenn to the Blue Jackets for Carter and Nash. ...No? or Carter and Wiesniewski.

Edited by Frank81

I know the leafs looked as bad tonight as the sens did the other night against the leafs. Remember your sens have more games played and not to many points ahead haha.

[/quot

Leafs have played two less games than the Sens and sit 2 points behind. Lets say they win both of those games. They would then be exactly one win ahead of the Sens.

Now consider the following: Leaf's are spending close to the cap ceiling. Sens are spending close to the cap floor. The Sens have a much deeper prospect pool. On most nights the Sens are icing 7-8 rookies/players in their first full NHL season.

Leafs are in their 5th year of rebuilding. Sens are in their first year of rebuilding. They are currently pretty much equal as teams but the big difference is, the Sens have a brighter future with their prospects and draft choices and a lot of off season cap room should they choose to pursue any higher end free agents.

Enjoy you possible commanding 2 point lead in the standings, provided of course the Leafs actually win the games.

I could have sworn I saw some waffles during the game last night!!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t: :w00t:

Seriously though, Phanuf looked like a pylon most of the night, pretty brutal. What was up with that?

Reimer looked below average and Gus let in his first shot. All those leaf alumni must have been shaking their heads after that game...

The leafs have definitely laid a couple of eggs. For a while some people actually thought they could be competitive with the current line up. Yeah right.! Trades are needed including Schen. Love to see them send connelly to the minors and bring up somebody with some drive. Phaneuf has no balance. He's always falling. Interesting to watch harknell get in his head.

Glad I was on the road home from Quinte for that one (Toronto/Montreal) yikes!

I had recorded it, so watched the Sundin ceremony. Classy all the way. Mats said the right things, and, almost lost it when mentioning Pat Burns, Wade Belak etc...passing away. Shame the team didn't show up for the game.

keep backing Burke you sheep! by the time he's gone you'll still not have made the playoffs and you'll have no farm system (already don't).

Ouch :)

For me, Doc, it isn't a question of backing Burke, or whoever is running things. I just grew up as a Leafs fan, and, will always be one. I won't change allegiances based on performance or standings.

Granted it has been a tough road for the last (TOO MANY) years, but, it is what it is. Guess some of us are just suckers for punishment :)

I'm sure being a Sens fan has been tough at times, too, over the last dozen years...coming so close, not too mention some of those defeats to the Leafs due to some absolutely horrendous goaltending in the play offs.

In the end it gives us all another thing to talk (or argue) about.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

you should alwayss support your team win or lose... i agree!

but there are a lot of people who support what burke's done with the team, and i don't think he's earned it.

And they laugh at Leaf fans for planning the so called parade after one win.whistling.gif Sure they stunk out the building,Phaneuf being one of the worst but its only one game.Never been a big Phaneuf fan and against the Habs he did his best rendition of Alfredsons effort against Buffalo.

The farm "system" is just fine. As I recall they ice the 2nd or 3rd youngest team in the league while Ottawa is ranked 13th.The Marlies are tops of their division while Ottawa's farm team are bottom of theirs.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i wasn't expecting to make the playoffs so i'm hardly planning a parade. i'm in year one of a rebuild and have been pleased by the results thus far. how many years into your rebuild are you? :whistling:

as far as team age goes, you are incorrect. the leafs and sens both ice young squads. 5th and 6th respectively.

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_AverageAge.php

the difference is that the kids on our team are some of the best players, while the leafs rotate their youth in and out of the ahl.

thanks to burke for taking kadri before murray could though. jared cowen is working out nicely with the big club. and boston thanks you for seguin and dougie hamilton. but don't worry, your farm system is doing just fine. :sarcasm:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I watched Detroit and Phili last night. :clapping: Now that's hockey! You don't realize how physically weak the Leafs are until you see two physical teams go at it. I marvelled at each teams ability to exit they're own zone. The Leafs are terrible at getting out of their zone once the other team begins to cycle. And Kessel well, you might as well just pass it to the D on that side of the ice. He never gets it out of his own zone that's why his plus minus can't be good.

Dan O.

i wasn't expecting to make the playoffs so i'm hardly planning a parade. i'm in year one of a rebuild and have been pleased by the results thus far. how many years into your rebuild are you? whistling.gif

as far as team age goes, you are incorrect. the leafs and sens both ice young squads. 5th and 6th respectively.

http://www.quanthock..._AverageAge.php

the difference is that the kids on our team are some of the best players, while the leafs rotate their youth in and out of the ahl.

thanks to burke for taking kadri before murray could though. jared cowen is working out nicely with the big club. and boston thanks you for seguin and dougie hamilton. but don't worry, your farm system is doing just fine. sarcasm.gif

You missed my point. What I was saying is others poke fun at leaf fans for planning the parade after a win yet here they are talking about their demise after just one loss,nothing more. As for age I think I am correct according to http://nhlnumbers.com/teams?sort=average_age&order=asc&year=2012 Oh and We thank Boston for Kessel,he is having a great year.Calling out Kadri is a bit premature dont cha think?? Kid might be a bust or superstar in a few years hard to tell.

Ahh the ole I am in year one of rebuild agrgument...until you win the cup with said rebuild please dont try to brag.As the Leafs have nothing to brag about nor do the Sens.

The Leafs rotate younger players in and out because they can afford to.Give them experience yet let them get their game in the "A".Regardless they obviously dont rotate ALL their youth or they would not have one of the youngest teams in the league.Ottawa keeps them up and keeps their farm team weak and in last place.So who has the better farm system??

Dont get me wrong I know the Leafs have a looong way to go but they ARE headed in the right direction.I believe the sens are as well.Along with Vacouver they are our best shot at a cup in the future.

And Kessel well, you might as well just pass it to the D on that side of the ice. He never gets it out of his own zone that's why his plus minus can't be good.

Dan O.

...looks to be a "+7" right now, is that not that good??? :whistling: