Thoughts on Wind Mobile?

Sawyer

Hey Gang,

My wireless phone contract is up in 3 months and now I'm looking at other carriers to see what they have to offer.

Wind Mobile offers some great deals. If you are a Wind Mobile customer, what has your experience been in terms of network reliability?

Thanks.

-Sawyer

A friend has it, reception is pretty poor in buildings (he has the lg 2x). And unlimited talking is only in the zones. Once you go out you pay per min, barely covers the golden horseshow area. If you contract is ending, call up retentions and work a new deal. I pay less than 50 taxes in (not unlimited but 6 gigs of data w/ 350 mins and my ten nationwide is enough for me)

I had Wind and it is garbage. Don't bother you don't get service in any buildings and they say unlimited calling but once you leave there zone you get no service nothing. It is a joke. I would go to Rogers they have good deals and are actually decent to deal with from my experiece.

My dad just got a cell through Perto Can and it's on the rogers network I think and it's a heck of a deal for cell only service. He's in it 50's and does his homework so it can't be that bad. the Nokia phone he showed me today was a decent looking unit too.

not a good choice when the company CEO has publically come out and said setting up shop in Canada was a big mistake.

The CEO says it was a big mistake because his company, a multi-national concern, was not allowed to compete with Rogers and Bell, who are well protected by government regulation fences. He challenged Rogers and Bell to dare to venture beyond Canada's boundaries and show what kind of companies they really are as opposed to hiding behind the federal governments skirts.

The CEO says it was a big mistake because his company, a multi-national concern, was not allowed to compete with Rogers and Bell, who are well protected by government regulation fences. He challenged Rogers and Bell to dare to venture beyond Canada's boundaries and show what kind of companies they really are as opposed to hiding behind the federal governments skirts.

Bell and Rogers have it pretty nice in Canada. This will bite us in the end. Owning the Leafs is just another way of ensuring these companys are protected by the gov and taxpayer money. What a joke ... They're commercials make me livid too, completely targetted to idiots... Created by idiots. End rant.

Don't go with Bell or Rogers, especially after the whole UBB fiasco. You can get cheaper prices with equal service with other carriers like Koodo, Virgin, President's Choice, etc. Plus you don't need to pay no "activation fee" or get involved in a contract that will cost $300 to terminate. I've also noticed that the higher end phones with B&R are only available discounted to those that get the rip off $60 smartphone plans.

This should show you what a joke those companies are: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Rogers+uses+charter+claim+fight+truth+advertising/6057561/story.html

Try Mobilicity, My whole family and some friend tried it since last fall, so far so good. I even tried it in US new york area. It worked fine as well, long distance from US is only 20 cents per minute so quite good to use the service even outside of the zone.

I got the back to school plan for $25 including unlimited data , call and text, I use another software and hook up my phone to my laptop and use my phone as a free modem, not too fast but sufficent to check email and browse on ebay.

They have promotion every so often. I got $20 for 10 months money back ($200), Bought a smartphone. for $75. Got rid of my old flip phone and transfered my number to them in order to get that deal.

No contract to sign. Phone uses different network different from Bell or rogers, and needs to be adjusted to GSM or SDMA , to open up the network to use outside the zone, or else WCDMA will only work insddie the zone.. There are many use phone on sale at Kijiji, I got my son a used HTC phone for $40.

Edited by bassfighter

I had wind mobile. Service was awful. Switched over to chatr wireless same idea no contract but they use the rogers network so reception is great everywhere. Both companys have what they call there "zone" which when your in it everything is unlimited depending on your plan. When your outside the zone you are charged for everything or your phone wont work depending on your plan. Chatr, text messaging is unlimited anywhere which is a good feature. Was a good switch to chatr.