Erie ,PA fishing and outdoor stores??

bow slayer

I will be in Erie PA for the weekend starting tomorrow for my daughters hockey tournament(seems wrong leaving the hotbed of hockey canada to go play in a tournament in Erie Pa) just wondering if anyone could point me towards a few outdoors or fishing stores in the area? thanks

There was a Gander Mountain in the big mall, 3 years back.

In the mall on Peach Street there is a Gander Mtn. and a Dick's Sporting Goods. There's an Orvis store off of Rt 5 if I recall by the airport. Poor Richards has been mentioned, a good place to pick up local information. The other day the bay was still open water.

Edited by doubleheader

Erie East

East End Angler

4702 East Lake Rd

Erie, PA 16511

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 814.898.3474

Located between 4 & 7 mile creeks on Rt 5. Complete line of rods, reels, terminal tackle and live bait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presque Isle Angler

Boat ramp at the foot of East Ave.

Phone: 814.746.2920

Moble: 814.746.5236

Located at the foot of East Avenue by the launch. Live bait, tackle, ice, snacks. Early hours.

Erie in Town

FishUSA

901 West 12th Street

Erie, PA 16501

Web: www.FishUSA.com

Phone: 814.459.7800

Toll free: 800.922.1219

Fax: 814.459.7804

FishUSA.com - provider of the FishErie.com web site, offers a complete line of tackle, from dry flies to downriggers. Our showroom is located on West 12th street (Route 5) one mile east of the I-79 interchange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lake Erie Ultimate Angler

3737 West 12th St.

Erie, PA 16505

Web: www.lakeerieultimateangler.com

Phone: 814.833.4040

Port Erie Sports

Chestnut Street Boat House

Erie, PA 16507

Phone: 814.452.2628

Located at the Chestnut Street Boat House. Rentals include: 20’ Powercats, 17’ Triumph Boats, 15’ Jet Boats, Aluminum Fishing Boats, skis and tubes. Bait sales and food concessions.

Presque Isle Angler Dockside

34 State Street

Erie, PA 16507

Phone: 814.455-2973

Moble: 814-476-2920

Located on lower State Street (Former Smith's Bait Stand, just north of the Bayfront Parkway on left in Wolverine Park. Live bait, tackle, ice, snacks, sandwiches, drinks, souvenirs.

Erie West

BAC Bait

317 Peninsula Drive

Phone: 814.838.2850

Located on Peninsula Drive (State Route 832), on the top of the Peninsula hill (just south of the entrance to Presque Isle State Park).

BAC Bait

7490 West Lake Road

Fairview, PA 16415

Phone: 814.474.3992

Located on West Lake Road (U.S. Route 5) and Avonia Road (State Route 98) in Avonia, just south of the mouth of Trout Run.

Elk Creek Sports Store

10543 Old Lake Road

Lake City, PA 16423

Web: www.elkcreeksports.net

Phone: 814.774.8755

Located just off U.S. Route 5 and just east of the Elk Creek Access.

Folly's End Campground, Fly, Tackle & Bait Shop

8600 Avonia Road

Girard, PA 16417

Phone: 814.474.5730

Located on Avonia road (State Route 98) about one mile south of the Fairview Exit of Interstate 90, in the campground area, and beside Elk Creek.

M-M Bait & Tackle

4803 Nash Road

East Springfield, PA 16411

Phone: 814.922.7447

Located just west of I-90 Exit 1, and just north of Route 20 on Nash Road.

Poor Richard's Bait and Tackle

6821 West Lake Road

Fairview, PA 16415

Web: www.poorrichardserie.com

Phone: 814.474.5623

Located on the south side of West Lake Road (U.S. Route 5), about one-half mile west of Walnut Creek

Springfield Outfitters

Route 20 and Crayton Rd.

West Springfield, PA 16411

Web: hometown.aol.com/mafhuntfish/myhomepage/

Phone: 814.922.7411

Fax: 814.922.7411

Located just west of Exit 3 on I-90 (old Exit 1), on the corner of US Route 20 and Crayton Road

I never shopped for tackle there, the bait store at the entrance to Presque Ilse park had a picture of a 4+ pound crappie caught in the bay. We had bass tournaments there once or twice a year for years. It usually took 12-15 pounds to win, with a 3 fish limit and restricted to the bay only. There are huge smallies a bit east of there in the open waters of Lake Erie, and they can increase the weight average.

There are Pike there, but like here it`s almost limited to a spring thing. I enjoyed fishing there in season. The bay itself has a good mix of shallow and deep water, and plenty of weed cover.

If you get this in time, the largest outdoor show in north america is on in Harrisburg PA. This week, Well worth the drive if you can spare the time. You will not take it all in in one day... Not sure how much fishing stuff is there but if you are into hunting...WOW

RED

thanks for all the replies. Got to check out a few stores. Wish i could have had more time to shop around. There are some beautiful streams right around the erie area that look like they would be excellent trout streams...wish i could of brought some gear and drifted a few...but it was after all my daughters hockey tourny.