Anyone on the board licensed to work on gas appliances

Big Cliff

I have an older Jenn-Air gas stove and the broiler has quit working properly (oven still works). Anyway I was wondering if anyone on the board in proximity to the Kawarthas is licensed to work on these things. If I am going to have to pay a service person to come and fix it I'd rather give the money to an OFNr. The stove is about 15 years old and probably needs a good tune up anyway.

Paul (Merc) should be able to help you out Cliff....I'm sure you can repair that baby by yourself......probably a igniter that has gone bad and needs to be replaced....no other moving parts to wear out on a gas stove. Oh, just seen you say not working properly....then a thermostat or the probe....again Paul should be able to help you out.....Just call him "Frank" and tell him Billy Bob sent you....... :rofl2::devil:

It's a liability issue Billy Bob, I could probably fix it but if I do and there ever is a problem I could have an issue with my insurance etc.. I did do some research on it and apparently there are three components that could cause the problem. Replacing all three of them would end up costing hundreds of $$$. I'd rather pay someone that KNOWS their stuff to have it fixed properly. I'm not willing to take that chance.

It's a liability issue Billy Bob, I could probably fix it but if I do and there ever is a problem I could have an issue with my insurance etc.. I did do some research on it and apparently there are three components that could cause the problem. Replacing all three of them would end up costing hundreds of $$$. I'd rather pay someone that KNOWS their stuff to have it fixed properly. I'm not willing to take that chance.

is it not igniting Cliff? If its an electrical issue, no liability problemsdunno.gif Here, a regular repair tech can do the electrical work on gas appliances,but must stop at lines burners and valves, if that is the diagnosisi.

Ignitors are electric, as are spark modules etc.

is it not igniting Cliff? If its an electrical issue, no liability problemsdunno.gif Here, a regular repair tech can do the electrical work on gas appliances,but must stop at lines burners and valves, if that is the diagnosisi.

Ignitors are electric, as are spark modules etc.

Apparently it could be the dual outlet oven safety valve causing the problem, it might be the short oven sensor, or it could be the oven ignighter. The stove gave us an F1 error code all of a sudden one day, (I sent Maytag an email but all they said was they couldn't help me trouble shoot the thing for liabilty reasons, call a service technician) sometimes the broiler will sort of work but not properly almost as if only half the burner is working. The burners haven't been cleaned in the 15 years we have had the stove so I'm thinking it is probably more of a gas flow problem rather than electrical. It will ignite sometimes just not burn properly. Could also be the thermostat though sensing the temperature is too high and thus restricting the gas flow.

Modle is JGR8750ADW sn 12048641UD if that helps at all Paul

Edited by Big Cliff

F1 code indicates sensor problem, but partial burner ignition indicates valve or burner problem.In this case there are 2 unrelated problems simultaneously affecting Cliffs range. Just the fact that the burner is lit, shows that the ignitor is working.

And once again Paul comes to the rescue and provided me with a name and phone number of a professional that as soon as I explained the problem knew exactly what I was talking about. They will be here on Tuesday to fix it for me. Now I owe you two Paul!

Now I owe you two Paul!

No, not at all. We are even now, cause the Nok-Out that i am carrying in my store is starting to sell really well.I have 3 customers selling reconditioned appliances, that tell me its great to remove odors from fridges that have been closed and not used for a period of time.clapping.gif And i sold some to a customer with dog meets skunk problems.whistling.gif

Thank YOU my friend.

Paul