Anyone been to Roatan?

cityfisher

Hi all,

Taking the wife on her 30th Bday to Roatan(Honduras) next week. Neither of us have been and really dont know anyone that has been.

The place looks different and has awesome snorkeling and diving(want to get certified).

Anyone been? thoughts?

Anyone went fishing? any recommendations?

I'll second that opinion!

I was there as part of a cruise last March. We spent the day at a secluded local beach and loved it! We snorkelled all day out to a reef that was loaded with fish. I think I still might have our drivers card somewhere. I went outside the ships port to find this local guy and he showed us some amazing places for a real good price. He picked up his wife, kids, and a nephew along the ride back from the beach and he showed us where they lived and such. I had a great time and would love to go back there for a week as well.

My parents stayed there on a little island a couple of years back they tried to get me to go they were baiting me with a bunch of fish pictures, they had some big ones, what they were I don't know. They said alot of big barricuda when snorkling, they also said they were fear less the cuda would swim right up face to face. I skype them once a week they are in mexico right now, but pm me if you want any additional info I could ask them but be specific, and I will do the best that I can. They absolutly loved it there That I know. enjoy your trip.

If you're going to the West end see Aaron @ Sundowners beach bar, he has 22' Grady White with a 150 on the back. Pricing is $80/hr and includes all food, beer, soft drinks etc.

Ny buddy Andrew is here in YK to work the ice road again this winter and he and his wife live in Roatan. He uses Aaron to take clients for him when his boat is down.

Stayed in West Beach last year and spent the week chasing permit. Great permit waters but a little deep for bones. Good snorkeling, awesome party atmosphere too. Ask for Greg at Sundowner's bar. Good friend of mine and he's a hardcore permit fly fisherman. Shoot me a pm if ya want. cheers