Nice Muskie Box

Pigeontroller

I was recently shown this idea by another Muskies Canada member, thought i'd pass it along.

tmpphpZJwm5X.jpg

tmpphpfdZEMC.jpg

Sterilite Show-off from Walmart, $8.

2x3 vinyl downspout from Home Depot, $12

cut downspout into 10" pieces, figure out how they fit, there are several configurations, hot glue together.

Makes a nice 'day-box' for lures up to 10"

Nice size for day trips, Dax. I think it might be one of the easiest mistakes to make is when looking for muskie tackle storage we tend to want to put almost everything we own in one box. You can probably put 20 baits in that box? That's more than enough especially when fishing waters you know and conditions you are aware of.

I use the downspouts too but I have them in the livewell which is only used for baits now.

Thanks for showing.

That's a good looking set-up Dax, nice & neat.

I use the downspouts too but I have them in the livewell which is only used for baits now.

I did the same on my last boat Roy, if the live well isn't being used for fish, it can serve as lure storage.

Cnv0435-1.jpg

Edited by lew

That's a good looking set-up Dax, nice & neat.

I did the same on my last boat Roy, if the live well isn't being used for fish, it can serve as lure storage.

Cnv0435-1.jpg

Well you should know, Lew. You're the one who gave me the idea in the first place. :)

One thing about using the live well check it for water I had a bunch of baits rust as I had not realized rain water got in

Lure storage in the live-well didn't work for me either. The drain plug keeps water out but the overflow holes for the live-well on the side of the boat (Lund) were letting water in. Not much, but enough to rust the baits. :(

Edited by Crazy Ivan

Lure storage in the live-well didn't work for me either. The drain plug keeps water out but the overflow holes for the live-well on the side of the boat (Lund) were letting water in. Not much, but enough to rust the baits. :(

Same here. Don't use the rear livewell at all. We just RED GREENED the overflow on the exterior with duct tape. Of course it was colour matched :whistling:

Probably all those pesky rivets causing the problem :P

Had the same problem with my Lund. Bought a couple of rubber carboy corks from the wine making store, inserted a nut and bolt/washer through the center, inserted it in the overflow from the outside and tightened up the bolt. This squeezes the rubber cork nice and snug. Painted it black to match the boat and voila. Now if I could only keep the rain from getting in.

Larry