Camo colors

wormdunker

Does any one know how I could paint my gear storage box with camo colors? Is there a decal/stick on type of material I could use? I just bought a new ATV that is green & tried to match a green paint for my storage box with no success. I thought of buying brown, green, black, tan paints in small cans & & just start painting with different size brushes on the box. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanx Wormdunker

If you really want it camo, don't use a brush. If you were proficient with an airbrush you could use that but the easiest is with rattle cans. Using four colours. This kid's example will give you the idea.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6q6D7Njvedo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have used cheap spray paint to camo several things....look for flat colors (not glossy paint)....the three colors I like to use are flat black, red primer and flat green. A fourth color could be gray primer. Only problem now is I can't find the stuff I camo'd....LOL

walmart has paint marked camoflauge. Theres a couple different browns and greens and greys that are flat to use as camo. I have seen people paint something then place a maple leaf on it then spray over that with a different colour.

If your painting plastic.....or anything for that matter.....look for the Krylon ultra flat spray cans. Its good stuff, and sticks to anything really good. You can get it at CT.

If your interested in camo'ing things, check out some duck hunting sites. Waterfowl guys are experts at camo. Lots of good tips and tricks.

Ask here and you'll get all kinds of great advice!

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=1&f=10

S.

Does any one know how I could paint my gear storage box with camo colors? Is there a decal/stick on type of material I could use? I just bought a new ATV that is green & tried to match a green paint for my storage box with no success. I thought of buying brown, green, black, tan paints in small cans & & just start painting with different size brushes on the box. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanx Wormdunker

I would contact someone who wraps truck or boats. They may have some scrap pieces laying around to do your box.