1 skunk, 1 walleye and 1 dead sled.

limeyangler

ok....not a great couple of days...got skunked out on a lake i was slaying them on mostly last year. Then went out today for an hour....managed to chase the skunk away....then i seized a piston on the way home. I cant even drown my sorrows in jelly beans.....lol...was diagnosed with Type 2 on Friday :(:blink:

Guess you count your blessings eh. Cant be too bad having lakes like i do all over...even if ya do skunk....especially when you get to watch 10 or so wolves run across it on a fishless Saturday morning.

You meet some very shady characters out there too, anyone guess who this dodgy geeza is?

IMG_5840.jpg

At least my buddy got a pike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFC7Vnu9As8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5842.jpg

So to chase the skunk away i had one hour or so today so took off on the sled. Got one fish and it was time to go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vdq2BQMpzic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5860.jpg

On the way back the sled died.....thank goodness i was close to home when it did.

And thank goodness for good neighbours who at the drop of a hat ride back out with you to get the stricken vehicle.

So..looks like my fishing just got very local......but without the sled at least i will get more exercise...not a bad thing for us diabetics i hear :thumbsup_anim:

bummer dude, sorry to hear about the health issues and the sled.

Much appreciated though that your out there pre fishing for me and my pops, lol, good on ya! That is a nice eye you landed here too, pretty colors!

I'll chat with ya tomorrow. I got a sitter lined up and it sounds like were heading out tuesday around 5. If ya can't make it ya can't make it, but I certainly hope you get to visit, even if just for abit

Prost my friend

You can manage the type 2, eat lots of vegetables that grow above the ground, big key there. The ones that grow below have lots of sugar in them (naturally occurring) and no more soda and sweets. As for the sled, a bit of work and you'll get her running again. As for the skunk, get back out there and do some more fishing. You have the most incredible fishing waters all around you. I'm partial to LOTW but I guess Eagle is in your backyard.

If the results are from one test, wait till you have another after changing your diet. One of my tests showed elevated levels but after dropping soft drinks ( gonna miss Muskoka Ginger Ale) etc., next test showed normal levels and GP was relieved as was I.

Diet can make a huge difference obviously and that alone *might* be able to keep you off meds. Brown rice isn't that bad I found, but it's gotta be short grain ;)

Good luck

ps-bummer about the engine as well

Sorry to hear about the set back Simon... you weren't kidding when you said in your reply:

I think i am gonna move there....i cant buy a fish here it seems!

The skunking, I know it all too well, keep at it... can only get better from here on :)

Jacques

ok....not a great couple of days...got skunked out on a lake i was slaying them on mostly last year. Then went out today for an hour....managed to chase the skunk away....then i seized a piston on the way home. I cant even drown my sorrows in jelly beans.....lol...was diagnosed with Type 2 on Friday :(:blink:

Guess you count your blessings eh. Cant be too bad having lakes like i do all over...even if ya do skunk....especially when you get to watch 10 or so wolves run across it on a fishless Saturday morning.

You meet some very shady characters out there too, anyone guess who this dodgy geeza is?

IMG_5840.jpg

At least my buddy got a pike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFC7Vnu9As8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5842.jpg

So to chase the skunk away i had one hour or so today so took off on the sled. Got one fish and it was time to go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vdq2BQMpzic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5860.jpg

On the way back the sled died.....thank goodness i was close to home when it did.

And thank goodness for good neighbours who at the drop of a hat ride back out with you to get the stricken vehicle.

So..looks like my fishing just got very local......but without the sled at least i will get more exercise...not a bad thing for us diabetics i hear :thumbsup_anim:

dang XLT triple! I've felt your pain twice! Weeds are growing out of it now!

Tough news Simon. I'm sure you will be fine as the others have stated.

Look on the bright side...you are living up in God's country, that fresh air can only help.

Keep on posting those ice reports for "the iceless" down here in s-w Ontario. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Frankie.

I just clued into your title....the next time I hear "One scotch....one bourbon....one bee-eerrrr" on the radio I'll be changing the lyrics laugh.gif

LOL...you give me way to much credit.....but yeah...thats exactly why i chose that title for my post :whistling:

dang XLT triple! I've felt your pain twice! Weeds are growing out of it now!

Good idea...a flower pot...at least its useful for something!

Buzz kill report Limey! We have little without our health. Take good care.

Thanks MB....i'll be fine...about time i ate a few more veggies and got my fat arse on the treadmill :thumbsup_anim:

Dodgy geeza's indeed!! :whistling:

Very dodgy :whistling:

Rough news on the Type 2 and the sled Simon. Sorry to hear about both :(

Sleds can be fixed, but you need to take care of yourself bud. Take the doc's orders and eat properly okay ;)

I dont think i'm gonna fix the sled...too much put into it already....might have to do without this winter....wait till next winter when the truck is paid in full (yay!),

LOL...my Doc is excellent...about my test results she says to me with a wry smile " erm buddy...youuooooo failed!" Tells it like it is in a very human way :thumbsup_anim: I will definitely take her advice!

Thanks Joey.

Limey I was also diagnosed with type 2 in June. My problem was a gain in weight. Shot up to 227 punds due to working on a construction camp job 185 kms north of Cochrane. Those camp jobs they feed U very well, then I sit in a crane all day. Not a good routine for healthy living. My doctor originally put me on 4 metformin per day. Wow! I never took a prescription pill in my life!! I decided I was going to beat this disease. I started walking alot more, eating geen veggies such as lettuce, cukes, onions, celery, spinach, green beans also carrotts, radishes. Did not drink sugar infested juice, no cake, pastries or pie. Also ate a 5 oz steak instead of a 1 lb chunk of beef. This all adds up to diet & excercise. 3 months later I dropped to 206 lbs, feeling much better & now only one 1 metformin per day & blood sugar levels of 5.5 - 7.0 which is the norm. I am determined to be off the pills soon. Good luck to U, look after your health. Sorry can't comment on the sled, I only ride 'em.

Edited by wormdunker

Limey I was also diagnosed with type 2 in June. My problem was a gain in weight. Shot up to 227 punds due to working on a construction camp job 185 kms north of Cochrane. Those camp jobs they feed U very well, then I sit in a crane all day. Not a good routine for healthy living. My doctor originally put me on 4 metformin per day. Wow! I never took a prescription pill in my life!! I decided I was going to beat this disease. I started walking alot more, eating geen veggies such as lettuce, cukes, onions, celery, spinach, green beans also carrotts, radishes. Did not drink sugar infested juice, no cake, pastries or pie. Also ate a 5 oz steak instead of a 1 lb chunk of beef. This all adds up to diet & excercise. 3 months later I dropped to 206 lbs, feeling much better & now only one 1 metformin per day & blood sugar levels of 5.5 - 7.0 which is the norm. I am determined to be off the pills soon. Good luck to U, look after your health. Sorry can't comment on the sled, I only ride 'em.

LOL...wow...wouldn't that suck if my weight gain due to quitting smoking was the tipping point for my Type 2...oooooh the irony.

I have started running with our new dog...and our new eliptical trainer is here in 2 weeks. I eat rabbit food all the time cuz i like it anyway....I aint touched a pop or cookie in a week now, i relapsed on 5 Swedish Fish today though :(

Thanks for the encouragement and advice :thumbsup_anim: