minn kota maxumm 80 bow mount

rob v

following on my previous topic of upgrading to a more powerful trolling motor - I've noticed that the maxumm 80 bow mount seems to be a good unit in terms of power-per-dollar. Has anyone used this motor and have any comments about it ?

Also - can anyone tell me the main difference between the "edge" line up and the Maxumm line-up ?

Edited by Rob V

Edge is a 5 speed without digital maximizer which means its harder on battery life.

Max gives you variable speed and maximizer. It might be a better mounting system than the edge.

Unless you are set on cable steer, the terrova with ipilot is a great choice.

Basically went through what you are going through in the late summer last year. I bought the Maxumm for the maximizer because I found my old 5 speed would not go slow enough on calm days. No complaints at all. Slow enough on the calm days, more than enough power of the windy days, eats weeds like nothing. 2 thumbs up! :good: :good:

I have its smaller sister, the Max 65. This motor is fantastic! It will cut through any type or amount of weeds I have thrown at it with ease. The weedless Wedge props are amazing.

The Max series is variable speed with maximizer. Worth the extra $$ in my opinion, but depends on what you want or need.

Hi there,

I've had the Maxxum 80lb. for a few seasons now. I love it. Lots of torque, reliable, easy to use, very responsive (due to the cable drive vs. the electric) but, of course, no option for iPilot. I like the lift system much better than the electric drive unit too.

DW

I have a Minn Kota Edge and saved a TON of money at the time because of incentives plus sales, points etc.....if I remember correctly I paid $140 for it shipped.

BUT I don't use my trolling motor all day like a bass angler does....if that was the case I would have purchased a motor with maximizer technology as they get better battery life....so it really depends on how much you use your TM and how much you're willing to spend on one.

Bob